Chapter Thirty-Eight | Second World

[ 38 | Second World ]

[ A/N: Fahren will now refer to himself, and be referred to as Hisaya Reo. ]

Yoshiaki Kenta was a diligent man, who when he was a child, was most expected to test as an Alpha. When it came out that he was, in fact, a Beta, many were quietly disappointed. He himself, wasn't because he had been raised primarily by his mother. His mother was a level-headed woman who only wished for her children to be happy.

She instilled the self-worth that was missing in many, in her only son. Which Kenta remembered and maintained throughout his adult life. He appreciated the many opportunities that he was presented with, and used his high IQ to make wise choices. He was no fool, and never took his position for granted.

When he was given the job of safeguarding a notoriously troubled Omega, he also didn't hesitate. Though Hisaya Reo's attitude was the polar-opposite of his own, where on more than one occasion they would butt heads, he still remained as a fixed figure at the other man's side.

Two years had passed and by now, he believed he knew every minor detail about his little boss. But when he was called to Hisaya Reo's apartment, he paused in the doorway. It had been around a week since they had left the hospital, and the media were still screeching for a statement.

He had believed somewhat, that his boss was doing the smart thing of laying-low. But when he arrived, stepping out of the lift, he was greeted with a relaxing orchestral symphony.

From where he stood, Kenta poked his head around trying to look for his boss, but he wasn't located on his usual spot, lounging on the sofa. With his polished shoes leading the way, his steps echoed on the wooden floor.

And only when he neared the kitchen, somewhere he had never seen the boss loitering, he heard the sound of humming. For a moment, he wondered if someone had broken in. Had they kidnapped the Omega?

Had something else happened whilst he was off-duty?

"Boss?" The music wasn't overwhelmingly loud, it was just lulling in the background, so his deep voice would definitely be heard. As he rounded the corner into the open kitchen, he came to a sudden stop.

"Ah, Yoshiaki, how'd you get in?" Hisaya greeted, not sounding like someone who was truly surprised that someone had just waltzed into their home. Instead, the question sounded off-handed as he distractedly continued walking to and from areas in the kitchen- cooking.

"The door was unlocked" the stricken beta followed his bosses movements, left and right, left and right, like he was watching a tennis match.

"Right.. must have forgotten." Fahren, as Hisaya Reo had been having a lovely couple of days. After dismissing various cooks and cleaners, he officially had the large apartment to himself. After spending god-knows how many years in a world where everything was dated and underdeveloped, he revelled in modern technology.

And music. There were a few odd tunes in the mix, but when he found the classical music-station, he was entranced. It was similar, if not identical, to the gentle tunes that played in his old family-home. His parents had always been suckers for those traditions, often spending their free time going to operas and other musicals.

After taking endless showers, appreciating the minor things of his new world, he explored the kitchen. The old host had very limited skills altogether, usually he putting all his attention towards his sharp-tongue. There was an abundance of leaflets for all types of restaurants shoved in a drawer in the kitchen, which the old Hisaya usually ordered from.