(Arc-2.11)

Chapter 27
Unstable Chinese Republic (Arc 2.11)

Wei Tianxiong wanted to fight a war of attrition with Yang Wangkun, but Yang Wangkun definitely didn't have that much time to spend on him, he couldn't waste too much time in Li cheng. He still had many more important matters waiting for him, so he had to resolve him in the shortest time possible.

Even though the opium ban had already been sent into Yang Wangkun's hands, he didn't actually immediately announce it, first suppressing it for the time being. He privately dispatched people to contact some of the more prestigious businessmen in Li cheng, and gave them some promises, telling them to incite the other businessmen to go against Wei Tianxiong together. And when Wei Tianxiong sent soldiers over to suppress them, he would have an ostensible purpose for sending troops.

Yang Wangkun was a natural soldier, he wasn't scared of shedding blood or sacrificing lives. Directly using military force to pacify Li cheng was the most effective method for him. But now, he couldn't not consider the president's reputation among the masses.

There could be fights, there could be conflicts, but they had to be on the righteous side, they were soldiers acting on behalf of the country, on behalf of the populace.

Wei Tianxiong and the lackeys by his side had abused and bullied the people for so many years, don't know how many people hated him to the bones, and only dared to be angry but didn't dare to voice it out.

If he wanted to incite those people who carried resentment in their hearts, it was very easy, he only needed a breakthrough point that could arise the sympathy of the people. The Cheng family's stores being forced to close down, was his best breakthrough point.

Jing Yang persuaded Yang Wangkun to let him go perform at Fairview Park again, and sing Mu Guiying Takes Command for the general public free of charge, to stir up the passions of everyone in the audience.

After he finished singing, Jing Yang didn't withdraw backstage to remove his makeup, directly wearing his costume to make a speech. He used the easiest to understand language, the most emotive wording, to denounce all of the atrocities that Wei Tianxiong and his underlings had committed.

"...Those warlords who press down on the heads of the ordinary people, who ride roughshod over the people, are as hateful as the Huns and the Japanese pirates, they are like leeches, constantly sucking out the blood in our bodies, until they suck us all dry, not letting go of even the bones! And they don't even allow us to resist, once you rebel you die, this is an even more horrible repression and torture! Now it is already the Chinese Republic, Yang president said that he wanted to let the entire country's people achieve their freedom and democracy, but in Li cheng, Wei Tianxiong still wants to act as a tyrant, he wants us to act as slaves that he can bully around..."

In the audience, there were many people who had been deliberately arranged to come to Fairview Park to watch the opera. They all had a point in common, they had all been bullied by Wei Tianxiong's subordinates. Some of them had even become destitute and homeless, but had no way to get revenge. Jing Yang's speech immediately aroused their sympathy. They tightly clenched their fists, their moods becoming more and more excited.

Finally Jing Yang issued a call for action: "Make Wei Tianxiong return everything that he has seized from us! We are done being bullied, being robbed! Everyone don't be afraid, Yang Wangkun commander-in-chief and Yang president will give us justice, as long as we overthrow Wei Tianxiong, we will have good lives!"

The crowd immediately responded to Jing Yang, calling out their heartfelt wishes.

"No more bullying! No more robbing!"