Chapter 20

Alex’s POV

I woke up the next morning feeling warm. Probably from the mixture of the sun hitting my back through the blinds, the covers wrapped around me, and my girlfriend laying peacefully on my chest. “Yeah, I’d love to wake up like this everyday” I thought to myself once again.

I looked on my chest and noticed that there was a tiny puddle of drool where Rachel’s mouth was. I guess she was a bit of a drooler since her mouth was slightly open. I chuckled once and cleaned it off my chest with the sheets before I placed a kiss on her head.

I grabbed my phone from the bed stand and checked my text messages. I opened the one that I had gotten from Jack around 3am:

Hey man. I just got off the phone with an associate from the Thyroid Cancer Society. They want us to be a part of their benefit event in Chicago this weekend on Saturday. Zack and Rian said they’d be up for it, so if you’re in, I can confirm it.

I quickly sent him a text back:

Yeah, benefit concerts are always great. I’m in!

Rachel and I will see you guys at the studio today.

I poked Rachel’s arm, “Wakey wakey. Time to get up for work”

She groaned and stretched her arms and legs before she opened her eyes and looked at me with a sincere smile of happiness. I was glad that I was the one that could make her smile like that.

“Morning Alex” she gave me a kiss on my cheek and grabbed one of my hands, “did you sleep alright in my bed last night?”

I lifted our joined hands to my mouth and gave her a kiss on the hand, “of course I did all snuggled up with you.”

She laid her head on my chest and her arm around my stomach again, “I would stay like this allllll day if I could……WOAH!”

Her sudden exclamation startled me, “what?!”

She pointed to her alarm clock, “You didn't tell me the time when I woke up! We’ll be late to the studio if we don't get moving now!”

“Let’s get going then!”

———————

Rachel’s POV

“Come on guys, stop making out!!!” Jack yelled at Alex and I.

“Jack, I just gave her a kiss on the cheek”

“Yeah and it’s gross! Only mommy’s and daddy’s do that stuff!”

“You’re such a child, Jack” I shook my head and joked at him.

It was clear that Alex and I were inseparable, and the guys took notice by constantly joking at us. I had instructed Rian to go in the drum booth so we could start tracking drums for their song “Too Much”, which Alex told me that he had written many months ago about an ex-girlfriend. I was just about to give Rian the go ahead to start when Alex came over behind me, wrapping his arms around my chest and kissing my cheek. I involuntarily relaxed the back of my head into his chest as i rolled back my chair from the sound board as I did so. I looked over at Rian who was rolling his eyes and making kissy faces at us. 

I heard someone clear their throat behind us and Alex, Jack, Zack, and I looked over at the door all at once.

“Oh, Mr. Jennings. What a pleasant surprise” I said pushing Alex’s arms off me, getting off of my chair, and going over to my boss to greet him.

“Ms. Garcia, good to see you. I was just in today and was hoping I could sit in on your session for a while.”

“Of course, make yourself comfortable” I said clearing a spot on the couch for him. The boys introduced themselves to him and I started tracking Rian.