30

"have a good day, gorgeous." luke pecks leyla on the lips and leaves the hotel room, following after the boys. the four of them are in interviews all day followed by a show tonight so leyla has arranged to meet her brother. they were leaving for copenhagen - their last stop of the of the europe tour - early tomorrow morning.

leyla finishes getting ready and grabs her bag, leaving the hotel, beyond nervous. they had agreed to meet just outside and then head to some of the lakes outside milan. walking outside, she soon spots her brother leaning against a car, scrolling through his phone.

"spence!" leyla calls, startling him slightly causing her to giggle. "sorry."

"alright sis?" he asks, getting in the car. leyla nods her head in response and gets in the back, sitting down next to henry. despite only spending a couple of hours together on the plane they were somewhat comfortable with each other and it felt normal again. "lets get going then."

"what have you been up to?" lucy asks leyla, turning around so that she could face leyla.

"just been exploring milan really." leyla answers, smiling at the memories her and luke have made in the last couple of days.

"you and luke are adorable, i loved the photo!" spence admits. "are you together yet?"

"uh, yeah." leyla says quietly, feeling herself turn red. "he asked me the night before last."

"he looks like he makes you happy. glad you've got someone, ley." spence says.

"thank you. he really does. and so do the boys."

- - -

luke: hey gorgeous

luke: how's it goingggggggg

leyla: its going gooooooood

luke: yeah??

leyla: yeah, we've been talking the whole way

luke: thats great

luke: missing you already tho

leyla: saddo

luke: oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

leyla: ahahah im joking im joking

luke: you better be

leyla: i am, promise

luke: hmm

leyla: hows the interviews going for you??

luke: theyre going alright, same old same old

leyla: im excited for the show tonight

leyla: dont think it will ever get old seeing you live

luke: oh it will

luke: you're gonna see us play like 100+ times

leyla: meh, still will love it

leyla: you may be my boyfriend but youre also my all time favourite band

luke: i like it when you call me your boyfriend

leyla: well you are, arent you?

luke: yes of course

luke: it just makes me happy

leyla: makes me happy too

luke: :)))

luke: i gotta go babe, duty calls but have a great day and i will see you later

leyla: see you lukey

luke: see you girlfriend

leyla: dork

luke: :( stop being so mEAN

leyla: you love it really

luke: whatever

luke: goodbye meanie

leyla: goodbye lukey <3333333

luke: <33

- - -

"we're here!" spence shouts, turning the engine off. henry cheers and the four of them got out of the car. leyla walked closer to the water, completely mesmerised by the beauty of the lakes and mountains in the distance. "its amazing, huh? we've come here the last couple of years."

"its amazing." leyla pulls out her phone and starts taking pictures of the view before following her brother and his fiance towards a boat. they all get on and it takes them to a little island in the middle of the lake. "woah."

they walk around the small island within half an hour and decide to sit down, take some pictures and have a picnic.

"does your mum ever try and contact you? does she know where you are?" lucy asks leyla as spence takes henry for a little paddle in the water.

"she called a lot and texted a lot in the first couple of weeks but soon gave up, she got the message that i wasn't coming back. she did the exact same for spence." leyla explains.

"oh right. you know spence feels terrible about leaving, right?" lucy reassures.

"i know and i can understand why he did."

"so, how did you meet luke?" lucy asks, before the two of them start laughing histerically at spence who had just fallen over in the water, now completely drenched.

"well -" leyla pauses, laughing at herself because they met in the most typical fangirl, wattpad story type of way. "i have a lot of followers on my fan account on twitter and luke noticed me and followed me so i spammed him with messages and he for some reason, answered me. and then we got talking and we really connected and yeah, he helped me through the last few months when i needed someone the most."

"you look so happy together." lucy says. she then stands up and gestures for leyla to follow her. they walk away from where they were sat before so that they were in private. "i have something to ask you, and i just wanted to do it away from spence so that there was less pressure to say yes, because i would completely understand if you didn't want to."

"what is it?" leyla asks, starting to feel worried.

"as you know, me and spence are engaged. we have finally set the date for our wedding and of course he wants you to be there but i want to know if you will be one of my bridesmaids? it is going to be a big wedding and some of your extended family will be there. spence also was thinking of asking luke to be one of his grooms men? of course he doesn't know him well but if he's apart of your life then he is apart of ours." leyla sat there a little stunned and not knowing what to say. "i can give you some time to think."

"of course i will be your bridesmaid." leyla says all of a sudden causing lucy to smile widely.

"really?"

"yes! it would be amazing and im sure luke would be happy to do it too."