Chapter 25: Explosive News

I'm so sorry
for not
stitching up
your wounds.

I was
busy
bleeding
too.

— Leeza Jayde

"We need to talk" he said as he looked into her eyes, and Lily felt her heart sink.

She knew she wouldn't like what he was going to say.

 Lily was leaning heavily on Erebos leg, her torso slowly rising with every breath he did

Lily was leaning heavily on Erebos leg, her torso slowly rising with every breath he did. With every movement she felt a small pang on her side, but she didn't move from the spot she had occupied for the last six hours, even if it meant extreme discomfort and some now dull pain, thanks to the strong medicines Arya had given her.

It had been already three days since the "talk" with her director, and she was still seething silently. She felt cheated, and somehow used, in something she didn't want to be, without asking her opinion or if she agreed.

She turned her head in annoyance to the other side, trying to be more comfortable on her dragon's scales, but between her irritation, and the awkward way she was sitting, she only managed to continually slip a bit and hurt herself more, much to her rising aggravation.

Erebos, blessed him, had been extremely patient with her, helping in any way he could even if it wasn't much, always trying to find more comfortable positions. The day before she had woken up and had gone out for an hour out of the tent, he had literally screamed into her head in anger, accusing her of doing stupid things again and generally berating her for what had happened. Even if she knew he was right, she had pleaded him to stop because she couldn't bear another person angry at her. He was still bitter about it, but he didn't make more comments.

The only people who would be found near her at the moment, other of course than her dragon that had never left his spot, were surprisingly David and Mattia.

When she asked them why they had forgiven her so quickly, they simply replied that when they were teenagers, they had done worse things than an unlucky run into the woods and could understand her guilt. So, whenever they could between training, and also every evening, they would stay with her, telling her silly jokes in a vain hope to distract her from her thinking of what had happened and for the grief for losing her father necklace.

When she asked about the others, they exchanged glances with each other and told her that they just were tired, they didn't have the energies and the will to understand her position very much. Lily hadn't liked the explanation, but had let go.