Chapter 1:

3rd POV:

  Paris... The city of first loves, where every corner seems to have a hidden treasure. Whether in the depths of a strange shop, on the terrace of a café, or with a street artist, there was always something to discover.

  Here, no one was resting. The city had a rhythm of its own, very different from what we could see elsewhere. The buildings were imposing and elegant, the streets crowded with people from all over the world.

  The 6th arrondissement was for Rosé the most beautiful, especially with its beautiful gardens, museums and many shops.

  The young woman had gone to Paris alone, on the spur of the moment. Since her arrival, she had only wandered in the streets, enjoying what was available to her.

  People were turning in her path, surprised by her wild outstanding beauty.

  The teacher was tall and slender, with a tanned skin that betrayed the hours spent surfing the waves of her home country. Her eyes were dark brown, but they had the sweetness of honey and the heat of summer.

  Soon, she saw the sky coloured with orange and hot pink, in a dazzling sunset. Sitting on the edge of a fountain, listening to a street musician, she took a photo, trying to capture the moment.

  Time passed, and the shadow of night fell on Paris.

  But darkness never lasted long! There was the glow of shops, lampposts, and even string of filament lamps tied from one building to another.

  Rosé bought something to eat and went out into the streets with a busy mind. She kept thinking about why she had left Melbourne, and if she had the strength to go back there...

  Her footsteps led her to an elegant bridge whose grates were covered with padlocks of all sizes and colours. She walked on the wooden floor, curiously attracted by a lonely figure sitting on a bench.

  It was a woman whose pale profile was underlined by the light of a lamppost.

  The stranger had amber eyes, an immaculate white skin, and her hair was as dark as the feathers of a raven.

  Despite the tears that slipped down her porcelain face, her eyes were as hard as the stone of the cobblestones...

  Rosé felt an inexplicable pain at this sight, and slowly, following what her heart was telling her, she approached...

* * *

  At the age of 22, Jisoo married a man whom her parents had introduced to her. She was now 27, and she was already thinking of divorce. Her relationship with Seung-Chul had deteriorated over the years, and the businessman was not even taking care of their children.

  In the hope of saving her marriage, Jisoo decided to go to Paris to join her husband who was travelling to France to negotiate a new contract.

  The young woman had just landed. She sent a message to her mother, who was babysitting her daughter and her son, then called a taxi to take her to the hotel.

  The journey was long because of the traffic, but she wasn't worried. It was late, and Seung-Chul had said that he was resting in his room.

  After half an hour, Jisoo stepped forward suitcase in the hall of the hotel. An employee escorted her to the bedroom after she showed her ID card, and left her alone in front of the door.

  The building was very luxurious, but the air was suffocating. Jisoo felt uncomfortable, without knowing why. She pulled the card out and slid it into the digital slot. The door opened without a sound and the Korean entered, letting her luggage at the entrance.