Chapter 11

Lara-Jean

"All set?" Covey asked as I got into the passenger seat of her car.

I still couldn't believe I was doing this, I was about to spend Thanksgiving weekend with Covey. Besides being nervous to spend a whole weekend with her, I was secretly so grateful. It was way better than being in school alone.

I nodded and Covey reversed out of the driveway, and began speeding along the highway to her house an hour and a half from our University town.

The first few moments were silent, the tension in the air for the past few weeks still hung heavy in the air. My windows were down and the breeze from outside was slapping against my face, tossing my hair in every direction.

"You know," Covey said, her eyes on the road ahead of her, "I don't let what I want go easily."

My breathing hitched and my heart picked up speed. For some reason I felt oddly warm, hearing those words from her. It didn't scare me.

I knew exactly what she meant by that. I turned and looked at her, taking in her side profile. Her short dark hair was falling in her eyes and I could see just how toned her arms were. She was ethereal.

I knew Covey was aware of me cheking her out from the slight smirk that was tugging at her lips.

I tore my eyes away and instead turned up the radio, immediately some rock song started blaring. Covey reached over and turned it up louder, our hands brushed. I ignored the sparks and brought my hands back to my lap.

"Lara-Jean!" Covey yelled above the music.

I turned my head to look at her, I tried not to think of how nice my name souded coming from her.

"You're gonna have to feed me." Covey yelled above the music. I didn't understand why she couldn't just turn it down and talk normally.

"What?" I said, raising my voice.

"I'm hungry and I'm driving."

Rolling my eyes I reached into the backseat pulling out a huge bag of crisps. Popping it open I began feeding Covey the crisps. She was smiling really big, clearly enjoying this treatment and I rolled my eyes and giggled.

"Do you think your dad would like me?" I blurted out after a few moments of silence.

I couldn't help but be paranoid, I always got like this when meeting new people. At first I wasn't sure if Covey even heard me above the music but we drew to a halt at a red light and she turned off the music completely.

"Are you kidding me. He'd love you." She was staring into my eyes intently.

I was the first to break the stare.

-*-

I was standing at the front door and my heart was beating fast. Why? I was just meeting Covey's dad, no big deal right? From the corner of my eye I could feel Covey's eyes fixated on me.

"Hello sweetheart!"

The door was suddenly opened revealing a man I assumed to be Covey's father. It was crazy how identical they looked-the same eyes and everything. Her father had even more tattoos than Covey, whom he was crushing in a bear hug, she looked embarrassed. It was hands down the most adorable thing I had ever seen.

It made me long for my father.

"This must be that Princess you're always telling me about." Covey's father said, his eyes focusing on me. He smiled and I had to smile back.

Covey talks about me?

"Lara-Jean." I said extending my hand out to him. "It's really nice to meet you, sir."