94

happy update!!

see, i promised i would double update this week!

i loved reading all of your theories on what happened to Harry, and some of you are really close!

this chapter is going to bring lots of mixed emotions, but just remember...it's not over ;)

a good song to listen to for this chapter would be There is Only Love by Cassandra Kubinski

enjoy!

11 months later...

I stood in front of the mirror, my eyes glancing over the red satin dress I was wearing as I worked on putting in some dangling gold earrings.

I then went to put on my heels before grabbing my gold clutch and leaving my room.

Walking down the halls of the White House I received glances from staffers, all holding a solemn look when they saw me.

The pity hadn't gone away.

I continued my walk to the East Wing exit where my car was waiting for me, and a secret service agent shut the door behind me after I got in.

The driver knew where to take me because he took me there every Wednesday night.

The car drove through downtown d.c. until it pulled up outside the destination in question, a small Italian restaurant called Bella.

I waited until my door was opened before stepping out and making my way to the restaurant door that was opened for me.

Inside, my eyes began to search around the restaurant and the tables to find the person I was here to see.

"Emma!"

The voice behind me startled me and I turned to see the person I was meeting.

His sandy brown curls were styled neatly on his head, his smile wide and bright and I noticed there was a small bit of scruff on his face.

"Matt!" A big smile took over my face as he stepped forward to hug me, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Sorry, I was in the men's room. I was hoping to make it back to our table before you got here." He said, his blue eyes crinkling as he pulled away from the hug.

"You're fine." I laughed. "Where's our table?"

"Ah, over here."

Matt placed a hand on my back and led me over to an empty table where he pulled out my chair for me so I could sit before he went to his own chair.

Our waiter came over to take our drink order and while we began to look through our menus I glanced up at Matt to notice his tie.

"Are those whales?" I blurted out.

"Yeah." He laughed as he set down his menu, using one hand to hold his tie out. "My sister got it for me."

Matt had a thing for ties. He wore a new one every time I saw him.

I decided what I wanted and then set down my menu.

"So how has your week been?" I asked him.

"Good." He smiled at me. "What about you? How have you been doing, Emma?" He gave me a kind smile.

"I've been alright." I replied. "I've been sleeping a little better."

"That's great." He smiled.