|1| ~The Luna Blood Moon~

Unedited.
Luna Blood Moon
🌪
Embry POV.

I'm an outcast.

I'm the she-wolf who is more in touch with my human side than I am with my wolf.

My name is Embry Destiny Wilde. I'm the daughter of The Western Pack Beta Hunter Wilde, who happens to be the brother of The Northern Pack Alpha Maddox Wilde. Yes! I have connections.

My father is the second son of an Alpha. He was born into The Northern Pack. My mother Larentia Lakewater was an omega born into The Western Pack. I have been told by both packs that she was beautiful. Extremely, beautiful! My pack mates often speak of how similar my sister and I look to our mother.

I've been told that she had the heart of a Luna, brave and loyal. Pack members always talk about how my mom's smile could light up a room and how her soul was as gentle as her touch. I wish that I could have met her.

My mother was given to Luna our moon goddess on the same day that Luna delivered me to earth. She gave her last breath, giving me my first. I'm forever grateful. On the Luna passing day of May 3, 2081, the vampires took over the world.

They started with humans, destroying their world completely. I was told it was a day of death, completely dark. A lot of my pack mates interacted with the human world during that time. Some of them even fought alongside humans, including my dad.

They lost and suffered completely. The look in my dad's eyes, when he tells the stories of the awakening, says it all. The Awakening will haunt him forever. It shall haunt my species as a whole forever.

My father became a beta of The Western Pack on that exact day. The beta before him also was given to our moon goddess during the awakening. The Western Alpha Luke passed the Beta title down to my father, making him the first wolf with Alpha Blood to become beta to a neighboring pack. In other words, my dad made history. My family is much respected in the world of wolves.

Even the Lycans hold respect for the Wilde Bloodline, but that doesn't matter.

Werewolves all around the world, including my family, have still suffered from tremendous loss. Vampires have changed our lives completely. Well, at least that's what my packmates say. They hate them. I never understood why their hatred ran so deep.

My dad, siblings, and cousins alike hate them as well. My entire family hates vampires, well everyone but me.

I'm just not that she-wolf. Sometimes I feel like an outcast, a loner surrounded by my species. To make matters worse, my people believe I'm a special wolf because of my birthday. I am their savior. They say, wolves born on the day Luna passing days are meant to do great things. I have never agreed with a lot of our traditions or beliefs. I don't believe I can save anybody.

I cannot even save myself.

My dad always told me that I get that from my mom. She was a lover, not a fighter, but she still knew how to defend herself. That's why my dad has trained my siblings and me every single day for as long as I could remember.

He wants us to be able to protect ourselves against any threats. I really, can't blame him honestly. Living during the reign of vampires is a dangerous time to live in. Especially in North America due to the vampire king that rules this continent being so ruthless.

I have never met him and from what I have been told... I should pray to the moon goddess every night that I don't. My people hate him most of all. They want his head on a spike and all of the packs are coming together to make sure that happens.

<🌪>
Before The Northern Village Raid.

"Embry, let's go! If you're not down in ten minutes, you're going to be late for training!"