Chapter 30

Rose's POV

Rick had offered to take Jackson to the hospital to get the bullet removed and stitched up. Andy and Violet had taken off to get Violet away from the situation that she had accidentally caused. I don't know why Jackson is so upset, it was clearly an accident and he was being a dick about it making Violet feel worse about the whole thing. I sat in the passenger seat of the black SUV that was only filled with Stephen and I. I kind of found the whole situation quite funny because only this crazy shit would happen to Violet the first time she touches a gun. I giggled quietly to myself thinking of the whole situation happening.

"What's so funny?" Stephen asked sending a crooked smile in my direction.

"Oh nothing, just thinking about the whole situation happening. This is why Violet has never touched a gun before," I laughed looking out the window watching the trees fly by.

"You're twisted you know that?" He chuckled pulling into a Friendly's. My eyebrow raised in surprise, "I thought you might want ice cream,"

"Always!" I clapped excitedly leaning over and kissing his cheek before hopping out of the car and racing inside. Stephen made his way over to my bouncing figure rolling his eyes playfully at my excitement. His strong arms wrapped around my waist resting his head on my shoulder as we waited to be seated. There were mostly families surrounding us, making me smile they all looked so happy. I wanted kids at some point but not anytime soon as my career was only beginning and I had so much more to do before then. The older lady sat us down at a booth in the middle of the restaurant, I looked at the menu already knowing what I was going to get.

"Stephen, what are you going to get?" I asked taking a sip of my water, closing my menu thinking about the delicious peanut butter ice cream I was going to devour soon.

"Mmmh, torn between cookies and cream or mint chocolate chip," gazing into my eyes placing the menu down next to mine. His hand reached across the table grabbing mine lacing our fingers together.

"I think you should get mint chocolate chip," I suggested moving my hand so that we could thumb wrestle. Stephen laughed at my childish game but nonetheless was more than willing to challenge me.

"You just want me to get mint chocolate chip so that you can steal some of it," Clearly he knew me better than I thought because I loved mint chocolate chip and that was my plan so I could have the best of both worlds. "Princess," I hummed in response "You shouldn't challenge someone to something you can't win" My mouth opened in shock, I was the best at thumb wrestling and I was now determined to beat him no matter what it took.

"You're on," I glared before staring down at our hands interlocked. He quickly won the first round pinning my thumb down within seconds but granted he had cheated by distracting me by rubbing his foot up and down my leg. "Cheater! You can't do that"

"Do what?" He asked playing innocent batting his eyelashes at me but smirking at the end. I squinted my eyes at him.

"Best 2 out of 3," I said getting ready for the next round, Stephen nodded agreeing to the challenge. I bit my lip knowing that it would distract him I could hear him suck in a breath and tense up. I peered at him through my eyelashes only to see him staring back at me, he didn't look happy. I took this opportunity to pin his thumb down allowing me to get the win.

"I won!" I cheered taking a bite of the ice cream that the waiter had brought in the middle of the match. Stephen's scowl didn't leave his face while he took a bite of his mint chocolate chip ice cream. "Aww babe, don't be a sore loser. We still have one more match to see who the real winner is." He put his ice cream down on the table getting ready for the last match. I was prepared to win.