EIGHTEEN

Open up my eyes and
Tell me who I am
Let me in on all your secrets
No inhibition, no sin
How deep is your love?

I stared at the door for a few moments, pondering his words.

Family? Is that why he is so familiar? Where in the hell am I?

A knock suddenly sounded at the door and I limped toward it. It began opening slowly and I stopped dead in my tracks.

As soon as his green eyes appeared before me, I broke down. Sobs wracked my body as tears flowed heavily down my face,

He sped toward me and wrapped me in his arms tightly. I cried out as his arms squeezed around my ribs.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

"My rib," I gasped out.

"Damn, Niccolai. He doesn't tell me anything." His eyes searched mine.

"It's okay," I whispered. "I'm okay, I just need to take it easy."

He studied me for a moment before placing his hands on my face. His green eyes gleamed with relief. He leaned in slowly and I closed the gap between us. His lips met mine with such emotion. They molded perfectly together. He pulled away and leaned his head against mine.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered, eyes closed tightly. "I should have been more alert. I'm supposed to protect you."

"Shh," I said and placed my hand on his cheek. "I missed you."

He smiled a breathtaking smile and leaned in again. Someone cleared their throat and we broke apart quickly. We were still supposed to be hiding any type of relationship we have so that my father will not find out. I looked over at the door and standing there was none other than Lance.

"Lance!" I screamed. I ran to him despite the pain in my rib.

"I thought they had killed you," I cried.

"Oh no, sweetheart. They can't get rid of me that easily." His arms wrapped around my shoulders.

I hugged him tightly around his torso. I felt him chuckle as he tried to pull away and I wouldn't let him.

"You got a more heartfelt reunion than me," Jaxon pouted.

I pulled away from Lance and walked back to Jaxon. I planted my lips on his and my tongue darted into his mouth, exploring.

"That's my cue," Lance laughed. I heard the door close behind him.

"Lyla," Jaxon said between kisses. I ignored him as I began trailing kisses down his jaw to his neck.

"Baby."

I shuddered at the word but continued my torture until I found his spot. I grazed my teeth right along the junction between his shoulder and his neck and he moaned.

"Fuck, Lyla."

I brought my lips back to his. He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me away from him.

"We have a lot to discuss."

I rolled my eyes. "It can wait."

"No, I have to tell you before we do that. I don't want to tell you afterwards and then you regret it."

"I would never regret it," I said firmly. "Now, I was just kidnapped and almost sold into sex trafficking. Give me what I want."

He looked at me before a smirk made its way onto his face. His hands reached for the hem of my shirt.

"You're relentless aren't you?"

I smiled. "You tell me."

He chuckled. I reached for the buttons on his shirt. Taking my time, I grazed my fingers across his chest and stomach as I made my way down.  I looked up at him and his eyes followed the movement of my hands. After the buttons were undone, I began to push the shirt off his shoulders. I admired his muscular build. His hands reached the hem of my shirt again, this time he began to pull it up. Once it was off, he threw it on the ground next to us. Suddenly, a loud banging sounded from the door.

"Guys, I know you're busy but Boss is here!"

"Shit!" I yelled.

Jaxon chuckled, his eyes blazing. "We will finish this later."

"Promise?"

He kissed me hard, his passion pouring into me. When he finally pulled away, I was light-headed. I grabbed my shirt and pulled it on quickly. Jaxon quickly buttoned his. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room.

"Where is she? Where is my daughter?"

We heard my father's voice booming down the hallways. Jaxon and I took off in the direction of his yelling. I found him as soon as we walked into a big foyer. Vases were shattered, chairs were thrown all over and my father stood right in the middle of it.

"Dad," I called.

His head whipped in my direction, relief flooding into his face. He rushed to me and pulled me into one of his massive bear hugs. It wasn't until that moment that I realized how bad I needed one of his hugs. My eyes began to water as I thought that if Niccolai wouldn't have been at that auction then I would never have gotten another one of my dad's hugs. I may not be alive. My shoulders began to shake as sobs took over my body. My dads arms tightened around me.

"I'm so sorry," he repeated over and over.

When I finally regained my composure, I pulled back. "Dad, this is not your fault."

"Yes it is. I should have told you."

"You thought that I would be better protected if I was in the dark. I get it Dad. That doesn't make what your sick brother did your fault."

He shook his head and pulled me into his arms again. I felt him stiffen suddenly. I pulled away from him again and saw his eyes narrowed. I looked in the direction he was glaring and saw Jaxon on the receiving end.

"You," my father began. "You were supposed to protect her."

"Dad-" I began.

"No, Miss Johnson. He's right. I should've been more aware."

"Dad," I said. "May I speak to you in private?"
Jaxon shook his head at me.

My father looked between me and him for a few minutes before nodding. He began walking down the hallway toward, I'm assuming, his office. I turned to Jaxon one last time.

He mouthed the word, "Don't."

I shrugged and began following my father down the hallway.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Song: How Deep Is Your Love?
Artist: Calvin Harris