42

[Date #7]

Tsunade & Jiraiya

Tsunade's POV

Today unfortunately is the day I have to substitute with Jiraiya in a friendly date or like I like to call it, a one hell of a hangout time between an amazing person such myself and a utterly annoying pervert such as Jiraiya, instead of the Uchiha's.

We were told by Minato that Mikoto has the flu and Fugaku has to stay and take care of his wife. So now I am stuck with Jiraiya and my former student Sakura for a day.

When I could be using this precious time into finding the cause of a suicidal case that happened a month ago, the ANBU found the apartment in a horrendous state, and a pile of ash on top of the bed, that we later found out it was from a teacher from the academy that came to the village a few months back.

But, even so, I'd love spending time with Sakura and all but she may fool everyone else but she can't fool me, I know that this date kind of thing isn't working, and Inner is the one making it look like it is. Sakura hasn't really progressed with getting her emotions back. I just hope she does one day, before it's too late.

I understand her situation the best, that's why I'm working my ass off trying to come with an antidote that can help her but none of them have worked so far.

"Lady Tsunade, Jiraiya is waiting for you outside." Shizune said with a slight sweatdropped. I gazed at her curiously, adverting my eyes to the door that lead to the living room.

"Tsunade~~~!" I heard Jiraiya singing my name from the living room making me cringe.

When I walked in the living room I found a huge bouquet of red sparkly flowers with small sake bottles attached to them.

My eyes sparkled and tried reaching for them like a child reaching for candy.

When I was about to touch them, Jiraiya moved them away from my grasp and placed his hand in front of me.

"Nope, you only get them if I can have a kiss." He said making a kissy face.

I grew irritated and punched him instead and as he fell down a few ground levels, I grabbed the bouquet of flowers with sake bottles before it hit the ground.

"Come to mommy." I cooed at the sake bottles, while taking one off a flower stem. Opening it and enjoying the alcoholic scent that entered my nostrils, after savoring the moment I drank it in one shot. That's when I realized that Jiraiya wasn't coming up, has the old man died already?

May his soul rest in peac—
"Tsunade!!" A scream interrupted my thought, I looked down the hole in which Jiraiya had gone down from and when I looked there was a small figure on top of a red frog.

"How could you do this to me, my alcoholic love?" He whined childishly making me want to roll my eyes.

"Shizune, please take good care of these sake bottles for me until I get back, oh and the flowers too I suppose. I'll be going." I said to my assistant, handing her dedicatedly the flowers that held my precious sake bottles.

"Jiraiya, I'll wait for you at the bar, you know which one, don't make me wait too long!." I yelled at him from the edge of the hole.

"I won't!" He yelled back.

I left my house and started to make my way to the bar, and half way there I found a presence behind me.

"Don't worry I'm working on it, if you think this is unnecessary like I think it is. I'll get to work right away to help you return to your original self." I let out, knowing very well I had her attention to the fullest.