2.9

After the long time hugging even Misha got tired of it. He slowly tried to ease out but when he tried he was sharply pulled back. They did this repeatedly for half a day, finally Misha was fed up and pulled himself away with difficulty.

Misha: "Hah!"

Before he had time to even catch his breath he heard Kai laughing at him.

Misha: "You! You did that on purpose!"

Kai: "Haha forgive me you were just so cute I didn't want to let you go."

[Haha]

Misha: "You too Wyatt?!"

Misha's face turned red and he turned away in a huff.

Misha: "Well I've got a mission to do so excuse me I have some important things to do."

Kai pulled Misha back. His voice took a solemn tone.

Kai: "Oh? More important than hugs?"

Misha hesitated but Wyatt was still laughing at their antics. His face was really burning up now but he still gave Kai a reply.

Misha: "This mission a little important, but hugs are important too."

Kai: "Mhm."

Satisfied, Kai let Misha go after giving him a tight but brief hug. Misha was a little sad it was so short despite the long hugs they just had.

Kai: "What is your mission? I thought Wyatt didn't give you missions."

Misha: "He doesn't. This is a mission as an assassin. My first mission."

Kai eyed Misha with a thoughtful expression.

Kai: "Interesting. It looks like this time we will be on opposite sides this time. My profession is a mercenary."

Misha was surprised. He always assumed Kai would be something like a top level assassin in this world. When they fought the horde of aberrant his style was bloodthirsty and oppressive, perfectly suited to a combative assassin but when he remembered how protective Kai was it made sense he was a mercenary.

Little did he know that Kai's protective side was limited to a special number of people and definitely wouldn't be seen by the spoiled rich clients he was hired to protect. He became a mercenary for other reasons. He looked down to lovingly ruffle the familiar locks through his fingers.

Misha looked up at the contact and a mischievous light flashed in his eyes.

(Let's see who will beat whom)

Kai: "Who is your mentor?"

Misha: "Al."

Kai: "Al?...Could it be?"

Misha: "What's wrong?"

Kai: "...It's nothing. I'm just wondering if it's a coincidence or the will of the world."

Misha: "???"

Kai: "Don't worry about it. Stay with Al...we will cross paths constantly if you do."

Misha: "You aren't coming with me?"

Kai: "I would love to do nothing but just that, but like I said we are on opposite sides this time. The assassins would never allow a mercenary into their home and the same can be said for the mercenaries. We could run away from both of them but we would be hunted by both sides and I don't want that life for you. I won't accept anything less than giving you the best life this world has to offer. Besides I can tell that you want to challenge me."

Misha: "Hehe"

(Guess I was seen through)

Kai ruffled Misha's hair and nuzzled the side of his face.

Kai: "Go ahead first. I'll watch you from here."

Misha: "Mmhm."

Misha grabbed his case and walked towards the edge. As he did so he couldn't help turning back every few steps. As he got farther away the mischief fell away and longing grew stronger. He stood on the edge unable to go forward.

Suddenly, he was turned around and his lips were crushed in an unexpected kiss. A warm tongue pried opened his teeth and slid over his own. He was stunned for only a moment before returning the kiss, sucking the invading tongue between his lips and rolling it around his cheeks. He wouldn't mind being deprived of oxygen if it meant he could keep the lips pressing against him in its place. Before he lost strength in his legs Kai pulled away.

Kai: "Remember. Parting is just so we could experience the joy of meeting again. Live, grow, and see new things so you can tell me all about it the next time I see you. I will miss you just like I know you will miss me but when you do lay your hand over the insignia. You will discover something very interesting. Wyatt, take care of him."

[Of course. Don't forget, I was doing this before you even met Misha.]

Misha: "Thank you, Wyatt, Kai."

Misha: "I'm going now."

Misha still felt sad to leave but he could move forward. He felt the heartache in his chest and he couldn't tell where the sadness came from. Him or Kai.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.gofundme.com/support-this-small-author