18 - I'm Weak

In our journey to find comfort. I think there is no better place to find comfort than what we had done. We traveled far, some would say it's unwise but in our situation. I would like to say it was the wisest we've come up with. My name is Izuku Midoriya, an inventor, a survivor, a lover, and a past soldier for the great war, and I am here to document my story in hopes to inspire anyone who's heart still has not disappeared to the fire of despair.

It all begins when we arrived at a place we didn't know will arrive. The checkpoint.

Midoriya stunned at what he saw, he was feverishly shaking at the thought of getting caught. Unprepared for this new change, Iida who made it through the checkpoint advised us to stay calm. It was apparently something newly built not so long ago at every city and every border. They're making sure there are no hiding flyers so far and they also have walls, with firearms ready to go. This sight was not very charming for me to see as my wings are major giveaways, I shouldn't have gone with them. I'll have to drag them with me- Midoriya held my hand. "Todoroki, everything will be okay," he said so unsure of himself but I could feel courage between his eyes and he's ready to sacrifice. The guards in matching outfits held a rifle in their hands then asked with our driver first for identification. Next, was the part we all feared most. They had to remove the sheets behind me to inspect. Midoriya shouted in the heat of the moment, "Officer. Wait! It's just a statue we built. It's very fragile. It's to offer for the great Elder that's why they're shaped like very odd giant wings." The officer removed their hat, adjusted their belt, and scratched their head in stress then spoke, "I think I know you." The officer pointed directly to Midoriya. Everyone got anxious, will he notice we're running away. Is Midoriya known as a crook now, if so, no good news will happen. The officer laughed and broke the tension, "You've been searched for so long. What happened?" He commands the others to put down their gun with a simple motion. "Oh, nothing much. The leader offered commanded me to send the package right away. You understand surely." Midoriya was pretending to be calm and charming but as he held my hand underneath the sheets, he was still furiously shaking. The guards started surrounding Midoriya and laughed with his last statement and said, "You said it, the leader is just super moody." One added, "must be on his period," and everyone laughed. Giving us more food, they let us go with warm smiles. Once we were through, everyone sighed in relief. Midoriya announced in the middle of our triumph, "That was close but we need to be resilient. Not everyone is very fond of what I've done. They just might be outdated guards so they don't know anything," still it was true. We need to be more aware if anything though passing by them was great help. Now we can prepare better for things like those but I believe it'll be long before we pass by one. Through a walkie-talkie or if we're going deep here a handheld transceiver, Iida spoke through, "We're going to an underground bunker. Hopefully you're not claustrophobic Todoroki." He's still his old self, joking around with quite the worst jokes I've ever heard. He's just a smart foolish guy, who knows maybe we'll get closer over time.

As we arrive at a bumpy state having no shower and me ready to pass out though I didn't share. Freezing something for this long must have taken a toll on me especially my body. At this state, I could burn the bunker down. I took the transceiver and just straight up spoke to Iida. "Todoroki to Iida!Todoroki to Iida!Todoroki to Iida!" I heard a static and then, "Yes Todoroki-kun?" Midoriya noticing my odd behavior ,who coincidentally had just passed by, had asked what could be wrong though I didn't want to make him worry. I softly whispered "I'm slowly getting tired of using my right wing to freeze my left wing. I need to rest or else something might happen." Iida immediately responds, "We're almost done unpacking, seriously. If you're actually claustrophobic, nothing will happen." I angrily replied, "I'm not joking! I could faint easily and lose control of my right wing." Iida running out of the bunker doors, sweating badly. He asked, "How serious is it?" I put down the transceiver and fell over to my knees. "Pretty bad," I answered unexpectedly coughing. Iida told the others that we'll stroll around to check for more security in the area just to be prepared and if we get caught apparently he wants to use my wings. Shockingly, they believed every inch of his words then again he did gain their trust. As we go off to find a quiet place, I was struggling to even stand up but was still able to maintain my left wing frozen. Iida saw the struggle in my face and lent me a shoulder to hold on. "Where are we going?" I asked breathing heavily. "The only place I could think of." Iida said as he continued to guide me. Im pretty sure that he knew very well where he was going or atleast I had hope in him that he does.