never be the same || Batfamily

A/N: Okay, here's the result from the votes. There wasn't much to go from so this is what I came up with!

Batmom & Fluff/Angst.
I just want you to know but you must've realized by now that, recently, when I write stuff for Batmom I usually use 3rd person. Rest assured, it's still reader-insert! I always make her appearance undescribed if not with the reader insert codes!

Why? Because sometimes I mix Batmom w/ the boys' love interests or bat-sibling (like batsis or another batboy but ambiguous)- who are also the reader.

Warning(s): death, ANGST, mention of sex, language because it's Jason.

::

The whole family was excited- probably it actually just Mrs. Wayne and Dick. They were all at home, didn't have anything much to do since it was a holiday. She woke up with a smile on her face, her beautiful eyes were greeted by the sight of her sleeping husband. His hair was a mess, sticking all over the place, his lips parted slightly to let out soft snores with blue eyes still hidden behind his eyelids.

She traced every scar on his face and couldn't help but reach out to cup his cheek, brushing her thumb tenderly over his cheekbone. She felt so overwhelmed with love for her family and it made her smile even more. She got to spend time with the boys, her husband and her best friend, Alfred. Though, he was more like a father-in-law for her.

The soft touch from her made Bruce shift in his sleep, his eyes slowly opening. He wasn't exactly a light sleeper but the slightest touch did wake him up most of the times, being Batman taught him to be aware of his surroundings. The angelic smile on his wife's face was the best view to wake up to, her sleeping face was also gorgeous but it was just so different from seeing her wide awake and happy in the morning.

This was sight he rarely saw because of his schedules.

"Morning, love," he spoke, voice raspy and his words were still a little slurred. He blinked a few times to adjust.

Just like Bruce, this was also a rare sight for her. Waking up to an empty bed was saddening, it dampened her mood because she always missed that grogginess he had when he was woken up from his dreams.

"Morning, honey," she scooted closer, pressing a kiss to his lips both uncaring of their morning breath. Bruce took her into his strong arms, pulling his beloved closer while she rested her other hand on his chest. They just lay there, basking in each other's presence until the door opened.

"Guys wake u- holy fucking shit, did I just walk in on my parents?" the all too familiar cursing interrupted. The parents of the voice sat up from their earlier positions, the husband rubbing the sleep off his eyes before glaring at his second oldest son while the wife raised her eyebrow at the young man.

"Jason, what do I always tell you about cursing?" Jason immediately held up his hands.

"Sorry ma, while you both are decently dressed I'm definitely scarred for life," he cringed still apologized sincerely nonetheless, watching his adopted mother walked up to him. He instinctively leaned down for he was taller than her so she could plant a kiss on his forehead. "Mornin' to ya too, breakfast's ready by the way."

"Has Damian woken up, yet?" Asked Bruce after slipping on a shirt that was thrown from last night's activities.

"Nope, kid's probably all comfy in the bed snuggling with his sword," Jason responded with a shrug. He might have exaggerated it a bit, both parents knew that, but there would always be dozens of possibilities that Damian actually slept with his sword, it didn't matter if he doesn't really use the thing anymore, he took great care of it still.