chapter fifteen

you're my rival!

your p.o.v

Kuppuru walked around my dorm room a bit as I filled his bowl with some more cat food. I watched the onyx black cat as he wandered over to my bed and promptly hopped up ontop of it, making himself more than comfortable as he laid down and watched me with those emerald green eyes of his.

"What do you think you're doing on my bed?" I asked to the cat as if it can understand me. "I'm not placing this bowl of food up there so you're going to have to come down if you want to eat."

Staring at me, Kuppuru didn't make a move to get up for a moment, though after a few minutes had past he reluctantly stood up and stretched some before jumping back down onto the floor, landing with true feline finesse. Shaking my head, I went ahead and filled up the second bowl with some water. "Honestly Kuppuru, who's your real owner? Someone must miss you." I murmured as I crouched down to pet the cute lil cat as he ate his food. "I can't take care of you forever."

"I mean, you could." Tomo-chan said from where she's currently lying on Haruka's bed next to the small pink haired composer. "Nobody has to know that you have a cat."

Haruka nodded, looking up from her music score sheets and offering me a small smile as Tomo-chan places an arm over her back. "We wouldn't tell on you if you kept him permanently."

As if he agrees with me keeping him, Kuppuru meowed before brushing his side up against my leg, looking up at me and everything as he does so. "Oh don't give me those cute eyes." I groaned, standing back up and grabbing my laptop. "Besides, I can't keep a cat. I can barely keep myself alive so how am I supposed to look after this cutie?"

"You have a point. Maybe your mom could look after Kuppuru?" Tomo-chan then asked.

"I'm not going to have my mom look after a cat for me."

"Hey, don't knock my idea until you at least try it."

With a laugh, I waved the burgundy haired girl off. "You just don't want to see Kuppuru find a new and better owner." I mused. "Anyways, I have to get going guys. Otoya and I are going to start composing today so I might be a little late coming back to the dorms. Don't do anything crazy while I'm gone you hear?"

Haruka smiled. "Tell Otoya we said hi."

"We'll throw a rave while you're gone." Tomo-chan tacked on, smiling innocently as she falls completely back down onto the bed, nearly squishing Haruka in the process.

I shook my head at their cute dynamic before walking out of our dorm room, closing the door behind me as to give those two some privacy. They're just too cute together I swear. And, to make things better, they're working on this next song together as well so that's fun. I'm sure they'll make a higher grade this time around since they just work so well together- they might even beat Otoya and I.

Laughing at my thoughts, I continued down the hallway. "Who am I kidding, no one can beat Otoya and I.~" I murmured to myself.

The hallways of Saotome Academy were surprisingly lively this morning, everyone bustling about as I walked passed them. A few students glanced in my direction while many others blatantly stared. Trying my hardest to pay them no mind, I hugged my laptop a little closer to my chest as I walked. Their whispers are deafening as ever, but, I can't make out anything they say, their words spoken too softly for me to understand. I think that just makes it more eerie. Without knowing what they're truly saying, my mind can make up the horrible words for them.