Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Waiting outside Jiyasha's room, Pooja called her name repeatedly with no response from her. She touched the door slightly and it opened. "Thank God, she left the door unlocked."

Pooja peeped inside and found the room dark. She called out to Jiyasha a few more times and still got no response. "Jiya, are you there? Respond me please."

She slowly tiptoed inside the room with her mobile torch switched on. A little later, she saw Jiyasha's books scattered on the floor. While tripping over some of them, she yelled, "Oh my God, her room is totally messed up. I wonder what has happened with her."

Recovering herself from the piles of books, Pooja stood on the floor with her hands resting on her hips. "What the heck has she been doing the whole day? Where is this girl? Is she alright?"

After a few seconds of waiting, Pooja could hear some soft sobs as if someone was weeping silently somewhere. She rotated her eyes all through the dark to figure out what was wrong or from where the sound was approaching.

To her wildest imagination, it was Jiyasha who was weeping in the corner of her room. Her hands were tightly wrapped around her knees and she had hugged them tightly.

***

Monica reached a huge villa where there had been arrangements going on, a few people were grouped together working around. She walked inside the lounge taking a look at everything and dialled Aryan's number. He received her call and directed her to move inside the bungalow.

Monica's face filled with joy when she found Kabir inside the hall room looking after a few arrangements. She hugged him from behind and asked about everything, "What's going on my love?"

He refused to tell her anything as Aryan had specially instructed him. "I can't tell you. Sir strictly prohibited me to reveal anything to you."

"Fine, you don't have to. I'll ask Aryan myself." Monica frowned her forehead. She waited anxiously for Aryan to come and meet her.

****

Pooja ran towards Jiyasha and wrapped her arms around her shoulders pulling her into a warm hug. She patted her cheeks and asked if everything was alright with her. Jiyasha didn't answer, instead she began weeping profusely, hugging Pooja even tighter. Pooja allowed her best friend to cry to her heart's content and caressed her hair.

After some time, they broke their hug and Pooja switched on the light. She was taken by a shocking surprise when she looked at Jiyasha's face! 

***

Monica whistled herself a song when Aryan patted her shoulder from behind. "Monica..."

"Hey Aryan, what's up? What are all these? Why did you call me here? When are you giving me the treat? How....." she shot all her questions at once.

"Wait! Your questions will never end. Give me time to answer them at least," he managed to cut her in between.

Monica apologised and allowed him to continue.

"These are actually some special preparation for my proposal to Jiyasha and I called you here because I need your help," he told her with a smile.

"Proposal!" she exclaimed bulging her eyes.

"Hmm yes, on my birthday, just two days from now. I need you to bring Jiyasha here and I'll propose her in front of everyone," he chuckled lovingly.

"In front of everyone? Isn't it personally? I thought so," she said wittily.

"Stop kidding. It's true that I can't do it in personal because she might not come. I mean she spent the last night with me because she had no other way to escape. She also behaved well with me but I'm not sure whether she'll be the same again because you know her mood. She has misconceptions about me and I can't take risks," Aryan explained her with a worried face.