Page 4 : Thy demons

The voice has been endlessly screaming for attention inside her head. She kept ignoring the annoying ache, focusing her weary orbs on the flat screen. She was allowed to play her favourite video game, but, she doesn't know that there will be a change.

While she's merrily controlling both of the characters opposing each other, somebody grabs one of the controllers and claims a seat beside her on the carpet. She abruptly rips her regard off the screen and watches Akashi take over the character she's designed for him.

She's eager to ask why all of a sudden he decided to join in, but she's well aware that his actions are under no questioning. She lets it slide, silently proceeding beating the living hell out of her opponent.

"Do you enjoy this kind of games?" He asks matter-of-factly, not averting his eyes from the display. Aori's body freezes, eyes widen and heart seems to take a break from pumping blood through her vessels. Akashi Seijuurou has just asked her a question regarding herself. She's lost and worried, not being able to reply properly, she doesn't know what she's supposed to feel, after all, she has always been given commands and it now truly looked to her that her emotions and her thoughts were all shifting according to her master's wish.

Seijuurou's hetero eyes fall upon his servant, unblinking and in wait of a response. His gaze is cold and lifeless, giving off an apathetic vibe.

"Yes." She mutters in response as her violet orbs dawn at the controller she's holding. Her fingers freeze over the buttons, she gets lost in her hysteria whilst the screen keeps displaying her character hopelessly struggling with Akashi's.

Unless she keeps pressing, the motionlessness will draw her nearer to the end, Seijuurou will take an advantage and crush her effortlessly. "You know the rules." The redhead pronounces in a calm voice, a straight expression is exposed on his face.

It is a green light for Aori to ask something in return. She is at a lost for awhile before she manages to pull her thoughts together and make up a question she won't regret. Either way, Akashi has never said that he would answer the question. There are things no one ought to know, especially not the commoner of Mizuru Aori's kind.

She has to think soberly and slowly, not to allow any imbecility leave her mouth, just to rid herself of further nuisance. With each second passing by, she feels pressured, as if the weight of the world is piling up on her shoulders. The unreadable hush of her master is not helping her set her mind on ease. With each suffocating second passing by, she comprehends that there is no thing she would like to know about the person sitting next to her, the one she despises and fears, the one she wishes had never met her eyes.

A heavy and a crispy sigh slips through her peachy lips. She's decided to save the opportunity for later, when she finally find a question she's eager to ask.

The following cycle of the day repeats itself like a broken record until Aori's told she may roam about the garden of the household. She loves the nature and the air, the rustle of the leaves, the gentle rocking back and forth of the flowers and the pleasant scent of fruit and roses. She's free inside the cage, spinning with her open arms and on her bare feet. Aori hates wearing shoes, claiming that she has to feel the earth underneath her feet with her skin.

The touch of the solid ground with tickling grass poking in between her toes, that's the happiness she has regained. She prays for it to be never taken from her, until the day she finds her liberty and holds it tight.

"Mizuru." One of the servants pulls her out of nirvana, leading a younger kid by hand towards the raven-haired gal. Aori formally bows to both, the servant and the little boy he's brought, who's introduced to her as Kahu. The melodious name feels good on her voice, she chants it merrily a couple of times, blinking her long lashes as a wide smile crosses her lips.

"Stop it already.. You're odd." Kahu hugs his knees to his chest, pointing his eyes at the petite girl sitting next to him. They talk for a while about themselves, Kahu passively following Aori's mesmerizing vibe. She learns that much like herself, the boy's left in the mansion because of his resigned mother which can no longer work for Akashi for a small wrongdoing such as breaking a single dish, yet, their family is in a dead need of money to cure the father.

Sparkling tears well up in Aori's purple eyes, they lid halfway, the smile vanishes off her face and her slender arms stretch around the small frame of the little boy. She aches for him, mentally cussing the head of the household without a breather. She wonders how heartless can one be born, and how heartless can one grow to be. The hate inside of her makes her blood boil while the sorrowful tears are washing over her wrath. She hates Seijuurou, hates him from the bottom of her heart for what he's done to her and to Kahu.

"Tell me.. Akashi.. Do you enjoy this kind of games?"