♕ fourteen

yulia and her mother were coming to visit the castle, making final paper work and contracts for the wedding, and preparations to unite the new rulers. this was a perfect opportunity to tell queen irwin about ashton. it was going to be difficult, but he believed that the queen will believe him with or without proof.

he was still looking through orphanages, sending letters to each asking if they ever carried a baby who was a prince. so far, he has gotten no's, but some orphanages offered to help and calum thanked them for the offer.

his parents were talking to queen irwin while he showed yulia around the castle. he was also going to tell her, but he was scared that he was going to hurt her feelings. yulia is a beautiful, strong girl. she is not scared to stand up for herself and her kingdom, almost like her mother. he hoped she wouldn't react terribly, calum wouldn't know what to do if she were to cry.

they were walking around the garden when calum had decided to tell her. he picked out a rose from one of the rose bushes and offered it to her. she thanked him quietly and they sat down on a wooden bench. they were quiet for a moment, yulia scanning the beautiful garden and other sculptures.

"princess, there is something i must tell you, and it is very important." calum said.

yulia nodded. "what is it?"

"i beg you, please do not be angry, i have good news but also bad news, maybe to you but for me, no. i ask if you would forgive me after i tell you about this." calum said first.

yulia nodded, and calum could see the confusion and concern in her eyes.

he told her everything. he told her that he had no attractions to women, and only chose her because he knew she would make a great queen. he told her about ashton and his plan, and she agreed to help. she wasn't upset, more happy to know that her brother was alive and well.

she asked to see him but calum didn't want to chance them being caught. she understood, and both of them were going to tell queen irwin before they left.

it was around the evening when queen irwin called for her daughter so they could leave. yulia had told her mother than both her and calum needed to tell her something. she agreed to listen, and the three sat down in a room.

calum told the queen everything as well. at first, she didn't believe him, but then calum had told her he was going through orphanages to see if they had ever carried ashton. she cried, thanking calum and begged to see her son. that's when calum told her that he was in the dungeon, and that tomorrow would be his execution day.

she became angry, and before anyone could stop her she found king david and ordered him to release her son.

"your majesty, i have no idea what you are talking about." king david nervously laughed. he had no idea how she found out, and who had told her.

"my first son is in your dungeon! your son has told me! if he is not released by tomorrow, you will regret your choice." she threatened, and left the castle.

♕ ♕ ♕ ♕

y'all ready for this dundundundundundun