Chapter twenty four: Zira's point of view

Zira layed in the sun, sighing in the warm heat. Vitani and Kovu had been with her a majority of the day, it was nice to send them off with Nuka for a change. Sarabi was napping on top of a rock near her. Zira couldn't help but think back to when she would come to the pridelands from the outlands and talk with Sarabi and Sarafina. In fact, the fact that Zira was lying in the same place Sarafina always sat made her want to start crying. But she knew that she had to remain strong.

After Sarabi had saved Kovu, Vitani, and Nuka from the hyenas, she and Zira had partially made amends. They would spend time together for many hours while she wasn't on her queenly duties.

Zira was overjoyed to find that Sarabi now had grandchildren. Kopa was the oldest, but his little sister, Kiara, was only younger by a few months. (Again, lions age faster than humans do.) Zira, however, was still planning on somehow getting Kovu to the throne. For Scar. Kovu was so much alike her mate that Zira was sure he would be able to be a good king...if she could only get him to the throne.

Zira would spend more time with Kovu than with her other two children. She wasn't exactly picking favourites, but she needed to train him to be a great king, as Scar was. She needed to train him to overthrow Simba somehow. She needed to train him as her father had trained her.

Vitani and Kovu had gotten along lovely, they were best friends. Nuka didn't exactly care about either of his siblings, and spent his time basically being a moody teenager.

Sarabi lifted her head from her paws, watching Zira wince. "Is it alright, Zira?" She asked, worriedly.

Zira nodded. "I think so, I just...I think she's a bit frisky." Zira was with cub again, her and Scar's final offspring, a girl. Of course, Nuka could honestly care less, but Vitani and Kovu were very excited to be getting a little sister, and long awaited her birthday.

Life in the pridelands was good; Zira had to admit that it felt good to be able to do as she pleased without the feeling that Scar watched her every move, but she still missed him. He had saved her from her father, and made friends with her when she had none to call her own.

And then there was Sarafina. Her daughter, Nala, was queen of the pridelands. Zira knew that Sarafina would have been proud. She wished she could have saved Mheetu from Kinga, however. Shenzi vowed to keep her and Banzai's three pups, Janja, Jasiri, and Shida, (it's gonna make sense...don't you lion guard fans tell me that Janja and Jasiri hate each other. It's going. To make. Sense.) from ever knowing her mother and what she had done.

Vitani and Kovu were a bit questionable with the hyenas, as the hyenas were with them. While there was no harm done with Shenzi, Banzai, Ed, and Zira, the hyena pups felt as though every lion was evil after what Scar had done to their parents. Vitani and Kovu felt as though the hyenas were responsible for their father's death, as they were the ones who technically killed him.

But there were really no problems...until Vitani met prince Kopa.