Chapter 3

THANK YOU FOR 80 READS!!!

Hope you like it!

"How about this?" Parker grinned, holding up a tight, red dress. Skylar's cheek flushed and snatched the dress out of Parker's hand. Parker began laughing as he fell on the bed. He was the only one from school who knew about his problem at home.

"Why are we friends?" He muttered as he threw the dress back into his closet.

"You love me," Parker smiled. They were best friends since childhood. Skylar looked more like a girl back then, because Carla let him go to school dressed as a girl. It felt like yesterday when they first met.

Flashback

10 years ago

Two boys were playing tag until one of them stopped. The other stopped and followed his eyes to see what he was looking at.

"Who's that?" Parker asked, pointing at Skylar. 

The other boy, Tyler, scoffed.  "A girl in our class. She's very quiet and she keeps saying that she's a guy," Tyler replied. "But she obviously looks like a girl."

Sighing, Skylar took a bite of his sandwich. He heard the whole conversation that they were having. It's not the first time someone mistook him as a girl. He opened his mouth to defend himself but closed it back. Parker saw Skylar's mouth open and ran to him. He stood in front of him and Skylar looked up.

"Are you really a boy?" Parker blurted out. 

Skylar was taken aback of his bluntness. He straightened his back."Yes," he answered. 

Parker observed him once more."What's your name? Mine's Parker."

"Skylar."

"That sounds like a girl's name," Parker mumbled. Parker rubbed his chin and thought of another question to prove that Skylar's indeed a boy. Parker's face lit up and Skylar could imagine a lightbulb on his head like in the old cartoons that he likes to watch."Do you have a pee-pee?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course I do." Parker sat down next to him.

"Well, I asked my dad once if girls have a pee-pee and he said no," he explained. Skylar chuckled. He eyed Parker again and his eyes kept locked on his shirt. He pointed at his shirt and Parker looked down.

"Who's that?" Skylar asked, pointing at Naruto. 

Parker looked shocked."Don't you know Naruto?" Skylar shook his head. "It's a show about a boy who wants to be the next Hokage of his village."

"What's a Hokage?"

"It's like the head ninja."

"Wait. He's a ninja?" Skylar asked. 

Parker nodded enthusiastically. "Yes! It's really awesome. Maybe you can come to my house today so I can show you."

"I'll ask my mom."

A few hours later

"This is so cool!" Skylar exclaimed. "I want to become a ninja!"

"Me too! Me too!" Parker's dad chuckled as he put the next episode on.

"Skylar," Parker started. "Can I ask you a question?"

"You're asking one already but okay."

"Why do you dress like a girl?" 

Skylar looked down at his lap and sighed. "My mom makes me. She wanted a girl, not a boy. And now I'm stuck with this." Skylar motioned at his hair and clothes. Parker's dad shot him a look of pity.