Chapter 17

Hey guys!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 17

       "That Rex kid is waiting outside for you." Luce's disgruntled voice announced as her head popped into the open door of my room, her dark, silky hair pulled up into her usual messy bun, blue eyes flashing in the light streaming through the window.

       "Really?" I couldn't keep that gigantic smile off my face as I sat on the floor tying my shoes. I had tried not to get my hopes up the entire night, even though Rex did say he would be here in the morning to get me. Yesterday just seemed too good to be true. I mean, he said he liked me—a lot. And he actually kissed my temple!

       My heart beat faster at the mere thought of him, his hands shoved into his pockets and his sunglasses placed perfectly over his chestnut eyes. My stomach grew warm at the thought.

       "Yes really, and he's getting pretty impatient. It's annoying." I hid a laugh as my big sister rolled her eyes and turned back down the hall. I half expected her to demand I stop hanging out with him again, but I wasn't surprised she didn't.

       Dad liked him, and he didn't say that about people freely.

       I jumped off the floor and threw my backpack over my shoulder. It was hard trying not to be appear to enthusiastically happy as I bounced door the stairs. The front door was propped open and Rex stood leaning against the door jamb, dark sunglasses covering his beautiful eyes as his large hands rested casually in his jacket pockets—just like I thought they would be. Still my heart gave an unsteady 'thump' at the sight of him, at the memory of his warm fingers wrapped around mine.

       "Hurry up, we're going to be late." He grumbled as I reached the bottom of the stairs. I didn't even care that he didn't say good morning. He was here, that was all that my brain bothered registering.

       "I'm hurrying, I'm sorry."

       He grunted before pushing his sunglasses to the top of his head and ran that heavy hand down his handsome face. I tore my gaze from his and started fumbling with the jacket around my shoulders. It wasn't as good as the one I had regretfully given back to him, but it was better than nothing. My fingers pulled at the metal zipper, but clumsy me got it jammed half way up.

       Dumb zipper.

       Before I had a chance to try and fix the jam, Rex let out an impatient sigh, one that sounded almost like a growl, before pushing my hands away from the darn jacket and unjamming the zipper like a professional. I stood frozen in place, my heart beating erratically in my chest.

       He was zipping up the jacket for me...

       "I fucking swear, Rosalyn. How do you even get dressed in the mornings?" He snarled in an unpleasant, gruff kind of way, but his hands were gentle as they smoothed the jacket over my shoulders. The gentle touch had shivers racing down my spine, the good kind.

       I pushed the shock and funny feeling in my tummy away before giving him a hundred-watt smile. "I put one pant leg on at a time." He raised an eyebrow at that, and I couldn't help the blush that rose to my cheeks. Those dark eyes of his just did funny things to my insides.

       Then he rolled them before tossing his keys into the air. "Let's just fucking get going." He sighed before turning out the front door and heading straight for that sleek car of his.