You Left

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

After many hours Ace decided to go and finally look for Natalia. He would have gone after her right away but he knew better than that. He knew that running after her would only make the situation worse. After all, it was seeing him that made the girl have a breakdown.

As Ace walks around the forest he notices Natalia sitting in front of a canvas painting with thousands of flowers surrounding her and a wolf lying at her feet calmly. The girl needed a way to get back to peace and her painting something seemed like the best way to do so.

The meadow she was on was a riot of colour. The burnt orange Butterfly weed stood tall amongst the grasses and the prairie Black-eyed Susan's appeared to reflect the brilliant yellow of the sun herself. The Prairie Blazingstar stood like tall purple bushy cat-tails. Near the edges of the lazy river grew the blue-violet Wild Irises, tall and proud. It was a place she would go with her sketching pad and draw until the light drained from the sky. But even in a meadow as magnificent as this he only found one thing amazing and it was her. The boy walks in their direction quietly while looking around, Seth of course smells the vampire straight away causing him to growl but after he sees the little smile Natalia sends him he stops. Ace leans against the tree watching the two interact with his eyes furrowed. Seth stands up and when he walks by the vampire he looks his way with hatred in his eyes. Not looking back at the boy Natalia finally speaks up after a second of silence.

"You cut your hair." Ace lets out a little chuckle as he fiddles with the lighter in his right hand.

"And your friends with a dog." Keeping her eyes still on the painting the girl replies with a short comment.

"He's a wolf." A smirk appears on his face as he walks closer to the girl leaning on the tree beside her so he can look at her face.

"Yeah? Well, the last time we saw each other you weren't too fond of wolves." The blonde puts away the brush and finally looks the boy into his red eyes that she so deeply missed but not letting him see that.

"Yes, well the last time we saw each other you claimed to love me." She stood up and started to walk away only to be grabbed by the boy gently. His cold skin didn't appear cold but burning hot, it was a warmth that appeared from the inside... from the heart. She missed his touch, the touch that felt so much like home.

"I never stopped loving you, you should know that better than anyone darling." Him saying that made her feel light inside, oh how many years she wished he would appear at her door saying he loved her... She spent so many years waiting for it that now when he said it... it only hurt. Natalia turned around to the boy with a broken look making his eyes soften, something that would only happen when he was with her.

"Stop lying." He furrowed his brows confused.

"Lying? I have never lied to you. When have I ever lied to you?"

"You lied after I told you how scared I am of people leaving me and you told me you would stay... You lied because you left." He let out an agitated sigh as he grabbed his black hair with his other hand.

" I know I hurt you, Love, believe me, I do. And it hurts me every time I look into your eyes that were once so bright but now are dull because of me. But the world isn't all black and white, not everything is as simple as it seems. For the colourful girl that you are, I thought you would understand." Natalia shook her head looking him in the eyes with a broken look.

"How can I understand this? You said you would never leave me, that you would never hurt me. But then came the day and many days after, where that's exactly what you did. That's exactly how it went..." He didn't reply, he didn't know what to say. He felt angry, angry at himself because he knew what he did hurt her and he would never be able to live with the fact that he had hurt her so much. Him staying silent made Natalia speak up again continuing on with her point.

"So where is this love you talk about? I can't feel it, I don't even know if it was ever real. So tell me what did I do? Why did you leave? Did I do something? And why now? How did you even know about Nessie?" She knew she shouldn't be asking all these questions one after the other but if she held herself back from asking them she would explode. She needed to know.

"Edward came and asked for my help. I thought this would be the only way I could repay for my mistakes. Because I know I did you wrong, it's me, not you. You never did anything wrong." It was like she got hit by bricks...

Edward knew...

Her brother knew more than he ever told her... The man who knew exactly how much pain she went through and didn't say anything to her...

He lied...

"Edward knew? Edward knew where you were all this time?" Ace's eyes widened as he realized he said more than he should have right now, he wasn't ready to tell her exactly what happened on the day that he left. She wasn't ready either.

"No, well he found me on his own. But I knew about the girl before he came. I always had my eyes around you making sure you were okay love." But the girl wasn't listening anymore she pulled her arm out of his grasp and started to walk in the direction of the house... She wasn't angry at Edward...

She was hurt...

"Love, where are you going?" He asked as he walked after her close by her feet worried she was going to do something she was going to regret in the end.

"Edward." That was all she said and Ace grabbed her by the arm twirling her around so she faced him again and he saw how disappointed she was, how hurt. Now he regrets he said that. He knows how close the two are and now that what he said could break that bond made him angry at himself. He once again was hurting her.

"No look Love you don't want to do that-"

"No! Leave me alone right now!" Letting go he watched as the girl marched away knowing him going after her right now would cause more damage than good.

Natalia could see Edward standing beside Carlisle talking about something. She was thanking God that Renesmee was nowhere near because she didn't want her to see this.

When she got to him she started to throw punches at his back that would barely hurt him. But even if she wanted him to hurt she wasn't able to right now, the whole day had been so draining for the girl that she felt like she was about to collapse on the floor.

When Edward turned around confused he grabbed Natalia's fist stopping her from hitting him.

"How could you...." Her head was facing down and she spoke up with a half-broken voice. Edward furrowed his brows as he looked at Carlisle who was just as confused.

"Angel what are you-"

"Don't call me that!" She pulled her hands out of his hold as she moved back a couple steps and finally looked up into his eyes and when he saw her eyes he finally realized how serious this situation was.

"How could you keep that away from me?" He reads her thoughts and that's what made him walk closer to her with his eyes soft.

"Look it wasn't my place to say."

"It wasn't your place to say? You knew what I was going through, you knew the pain I was in and you didn't think that maybe, just maybe this would have helped?" Edward was about to grab onto her arm but he was only met with her flinching away.

"Don't touch me... I-I need some time alone..." And just as if she was never there she just disappeared and all that could be heard was her bedroom door closing. Edward knew that he messed up, but there was a reason why everything was played out the way it did. She didn't know the things that he did...

But once she was told she would understand.