I Am Taking A Break, Thank You Very Much.

After saying goodbye to Éomer, we ride over the plains of Rohan towards Isengard. Aragorn told me, that when they were searching for me and the boys, the followed them into the forest and came across Gandalf. Gandalf had met the boys and brought them to safety.

He brought them to a tree.

For so I know, is a tree not the safest place to be in. But I trust Gandalf.

Gandalf leads us through a dark forest. I tighten my arms around Aragorn's waist to feel saver and I know he smiles. As the roads clears from the humid mist, it reveals the ruins of something.. A tower is standing in the middle of it and suddenly, we ride through water. And then I see them, sitting on the remains of a stone wall.

'Welcome, my Lords, to Isengard!' Merry happily announces. 'You young rascals! A merry hunt you've led us on, and now we find you, feasting and smoking' Gimli says in with anger and I chuckle.

He was concerned about them.

And so was I.

'We are sitting on a field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good' Pippin says with his mouth full. 'Salted pork?' Gimli says suddenly interested. 'Hobbits' Gandalf says quietly while shaking his head. I smile. Always thinking about food. 'We're under orders, from Treebeard, who's taken over management of Isengard' Merry adds.

Tree-beard? Like the tree has a beard.

Gandalf leads us, now with Pippin behind Gandalf and Merry behind king Théoden, through the flotsam and jetsam which floats upon the muddied waters surrounding the tower. A giant Ent strides towards us. I press myself against Aragorn's back, scared of what the Ent is going to do. But Gandalf smiles at the tree. 'Burarum ... Young Master Gandalf. I'm glad you've come. Wood and water, stock and stone, I can master, but there's a Wizard to be managed here... locked in his tower' The tree says.

He speaks..

The Tree speaks, it talks.

You should think is was used to it by now..

'And there Saruman must remain, under your guard, Treebeard' Gandalf states. Gimli grunts. 'Let's just have his head and be done with it'

He has a point.

I stare at the tower but Gandalf breaks the sudden silence. 'No. He has no power any more' He says quietly. The tree nods his head. 'Show yourself!' Aragorn shouts at and sudden. 'Be careful. Even in defeat, Saruman is dangerous' Gandalf warns us. 'Why not kill him then?' I state but Gandalf looks at me and I dare not say anything more. 'No, we need him alive. We need him to talk' We all look at the tower when Saruman appears with his staff in his hand on his balcony. 'You have fought many wars and slain many men Théoden King and made peace afterwards. Can we not take counsel together as we once did, my old friend? Can we not have peace you and I?' Is the first thing he says. Théoden moves his horse forward. 'We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold and the children that lie dead there! We shall have peace when the lives of the soldiers whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the gates of the Hornburgare avenged! When you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows we shall have peace!' Is the king's answer. Saruman laughs. 'Gibbets and crows! Dotard! What do you want Gandalf Grahame? Let me guess the key of Orthanc? Or perhaps the keys of Barad Dúr itself? Along with the crowns of the seven Kings and the rods of the Five Wizards!' Saruman rants. 'Your treachery has already cost many lives. Thousands more are now at risk. But you could save them Saruman. You were deep in the enemy's counsel'