Day 22: A Flurry of Feelings

December 22nd

Seeing his present underneath the Christmas tree made Midoriya's heart bounce with excitement. Midoriya wasn't exactly the best at wrapping up gifts, but it didn't mean that the procedure was difficult. The paper didn't tear at the corners like it normally did, and so he was very proud of himself. 

He picked out navy blue wrapping paper, and then topped it off with a golden ribbon.

However, this wasn't the only present he had wrapped.

Midoriya thought it was so sweet that Todoroki had bought an All Might hoodie for him, so he wanted to return the favor. It wasn't a gift as big as Jirou's, but it had lots of sentimental value to him. Knowing Todoroki, he'd prefer that a lot more over something expensive. His boyfriend was definitely the greatest.

At the moment, Todoroki had left to go help his sister Fuyumi. His sister had big plans for Christmas at the school she taught at, and she desired help from her little brother. Todoroki was worried about leaving Midoriya, but Midoriya gently assured him that he'd be okay, and that he wouldn't go attacking villains while he was away.

Besides, he really needed this time to wrap Todoroki's present. The clock was ticking. Only three days left until Christmas! They were unwrapping their Secret Santa gifts at early Christmas Eve, but since Todoroki was going home with him, he had an extra day.

This was a very lucky time, too. Midoriya had been stressing over figuring out a way to be apart from Todoroki momentarily, just to wrap his present without it looking suspicious. Todoroki received his sisters invitation, so that situation took care of itself on its own.

As soon as Todoroki departed, Midoriya immediately started his plan. He dashed to his room as quickly as he could, nearly walking up the stairs on all fours, and kicked his door open. He stretched his arms towards the present he had hidden on the very top shelf, and extended as far as his tippy-toes.

"Ribbit. Need help, Midoriya?"

Midoriya knew it was Asui, but the voice had given him a heart attack at first. The last thing he needed was for Todoroki to show up. He didn't want his surprise to be spoiled.

"Uh, well.. wait, what are you doing up here?"

"All Might saw you run off. He asked me to keep an eye on you." She sauntered towards Midoriya, and she thrust her tongue at the item. It coiled around it, and she retracted it back. "He told me that he wants to talk to you by the way, so he's on his way up here." She lowered the jar into Midoriya's hands.

"Thanks so much, Tsu." Midoriya grinned, adding one extra smile to his surrounding All Might posters.

"No problem. Don't get into too much trouble." Tsu winked, and exited the room. The further notice she had given him about All Might was tremendously relieving, because he didn't think he had it in him to experience another heart attack when the former hero came in. It was troublesome to have to keep this present a secret from Todoroki.

His focus averted to the jar in his hands. Last night, he had written 182 reasons as to why he loved Todoroki on miniature slips of paper. When Todoroki was asleep, he immediately got to work. He was planning on writing 365 different lines, so that it would last through the year.

The thing was, Midoriya was aware that they had only been dating for a month or so. Worry gnawed at his gut, telling him that it was a really creepy idea. So, because of that, he wrote down date ideas that they could go on, along with quotes he found on the internet that touched his heart.

He also knew that it was a total Pinterest mother thing, but in his defense, his mother had been his best friend for all of his life.

He had assorted colors of paper. Red, white, and purple.