11- Maybe

Nova

The note Wes left on the card kept replaying in my head, haunting me, torturing me. How could he think that it was a good idea to write those things after I told him I was happy.

He infuriated me with his stubbornness and his bad timing.

Nova,

I know you said you were happy, but I can't accept that. I don't want to, knowing that you're not mine anymore. I love you and I know you love me. So please give me another chance baby, come back to me.

-Wes

He can't just say that he loves me and except everything to go back to normal, I won't let him.

"Mommy, can I get gummy bears?" Hallie asks from inside the cart.

I had gone shopping to get Spencer a thank you gift, for allowing us to stay at his place. So after picking Hallie up from school, I had gone to the store.

I had a card but I couldn't figure what else to get him.

His favorite sports team is the broncos, but that didn't seem fitting. He used to like writing when we were younger, he had so many stories and characters thought out and planned. Maybe I could get him a nice journal and some pens?

Urgh. Why was shopping for him so difficult?

"Yes honey, you can get one pack."

Hallie beams at me as she grabs the gummy bears off the shelf next to us.

"Mommy I want ice cream"

I let out a breath. I couldn't handle all the stress my body was going through. This whole situation with Wes has me freaking out.

"Not today honey"

"But mommy I want ice cream"

"Not today Hallie"

"But-"

"I said Not today!" I snap at her.

I didn't mean to, but sometimes I couldn't handle her. I mean I loved her to death and she was the best thing that ever happened to me, but I just needed a break some days.

"Nova!!" A voice squeals.

I turn around to see Lacey and Griffin.

I smile in their direction and Lacey pulls her cart up next to mine. She wraps me in a tight hug before kissing the top of Hallies head.

"How are you? I haven't seen you in forever!"

"Lace it's only been a week" I chuckle

"I know but I feels like forever!! We should get together for a play date or something!"

"Yeah that'd be great. Just text me whenever"

Lacey smiles at me. I didn't want her to know that my life was slowly falling apart.

She studies me for a second before the smile falls from her face.

Damn it.

She knew me to well.

"What's going on? Are you okay? Is Spencer treating you okay? Because if he's not I won't hesitate I kick his ass"

"Mommy auntie Lacey said a bad word!" Hallie screeches.

I glare at Lacey, and she just shrugs her shoulders.

"What's going on. Tell me now" she demands.