Chapter 48

"A king only bows down to his queen."
~ Unknown

......

Sitting at the end of the table, her hands set on top, are intertwined as we wait for Vincent, her oldest brother, to show up.

She's not who she looked like before. Instead, she resembles someone completely different. Her dark eyes remind me of my own, but the only difference is the colour of my eyes change depending on my emotions. Her's maintain a dark complexion no matter what. Her long blonde hair now replaced with the natural darkness of her roots, she resembles the exact girl in my memories.

But that girl is dead and the one here, is just an imposter.

The one here, has no mercy. She has no need to look back at what she had. The one here, is sitting at a table with all of her blood family supporting her, yet she still lacks to acknowledge such a luxury.

The girl in the basement who this girl resembles, looked back everyday. She'd remember her past so that she could move foreword. Her blood is what helped her then and what will help her now, but she will never admit it because she's no longer the girl in the basement.

She is a woman who provides herself with her needs and wants at any cost. She's a a killer, an abuser. The aftermath of Nick's service.

No longer being able to look at the lifeless soul she is, my eyes roam the table we're at.

Her other brothers, Dean and Anthony, are sat closest to her followed by some of their top members.

Her father is sitting at the opposite end of the table, across from her, and at the moment, I'm the closest one to him sitting on his left side. Beside me are Amelia and then Alec while Cole and Dakota are sat on the other side.

As far as I've been informed, I was unconscious for about three days before I regained consciousness. It's been two weeks since then and with the help of physical therapy, I'm able to walk around on my feet again.

It's been more than difficult to comprehend what has happened in the last three weeks. She sent Luciano away, she isn't the person any of us thought she was, Brody is running my gang and Nick is controlling most of the states.

I have money and men, but no power. Everything I worked for, is gone because of one silly mistake. It's all gone because of her. It's all fucking gone, but here I am, sat as if I still have a part to play in her game.

"He's not coming," she states.

"Five more minutes and then you may start," her father answers.

For the past two weeks, I haven't interacted with anyone in this house except for Cole, Alec, Amelia and Dakota. I've been around the house, but I've done my best to avoid talking to anyone.

Every time I encountered someone, I wanted to put my fist inside their chest and feel their heart pulse in my palm just before I ripped it out. This house is made up of men, and men only, and every single one of them hates my guts. Their eyes linger on me as if the second I make a wrong move, they'll be right there to slit my throat.

They think I did something to her. They think I have a hand in her kidnapping with Nick, but I don't. She knows that, but with her, who knows what she'll fucking say now. This should be between her and her family, but she's pulling me in between everything.

I stick out like a fucking coffee bean in a bag full of marshmallows. I don't want to be here, but this isn't my roof and when the owner of the roof your staying under, requests for your presence, you do as your told without question. I lead as an example for the people in my gang and if I don't show respect, then I'll receive no respect. It's as simple as that.