Chapter 50

"People only bring up your past when they are intimidated by your present."
~ Unknown

......

"Oh my fucking goodness!" I yell waking up to a loud blaring throughout the entire room.

I never missed training in this house.

Without wasting a second, I throw the blanket to the side and walk into the bathroom where I press the button to turn off the alarm.

Immediately after, my phone rings and I pick it up.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR FAMILY?!" Amelia yells through the phone and I wince bringing the phone away from my ear until she's done.

When she is, I try to reply, but the phone beeps showing that Dakota is calling.

"Wait, Dakota's calling. Let me make it a three way."

"Who, in their right fucking mind, blares the sound of an alarm at four in the morning?!" Dakota starts off calm, but loses her composure by yelling at the end.

"I-" before I can say anything, the phone beeps again. This time it's Alec calling.

"Cole won't get up," he groans.

"Are you even up?" Amelia retorts.

"Amelia? Fuck, I must've called the wrong person," Alec huffs.

"No, you didn't. I was on a three way call, so I just connected your call too. If Cole isn't getting up, leave it. Anthony can deal with him; though, all of you better have your asses down in the kitchen by four thirty for breakfast," I warn.

"Why did we agree to this again?" Dakota asks.

"We didn't," I yawn. "Look, I need to freshen up before the run, so Imma go get ready."

I cut the phone before anyone can argue and throw it on my bed as I hunt through the closet full of clothes. They were all hand picked by a designer my brothers hired.

Picking out a pair of black Under Armour leggings, a grey jacket and a black sports bra, I head to the washroom and freshen up.

About fifteen minutes later, I head downstairs to the kitchen where I find Anthony and Kai already munching on their food.

"Your plate's set at the end," Anthony tells me and I take a seat at that spot. I lift the cover hiding my food and start to eat. Sluggishly eating, I start to feel my eyes closing on me.

"Morning," Amelia walks in yawning. Dakota; next to her, looks like she didn't sleep all night with her red eyes.

"Food is over there," I point at the table and they look at me as if I'm stupid to point out the obvious.

"You okay?" Amelia asks as she takes a seat.

"Yeah," I speak lowly. "I just don't sleep well."

"Oh," Amelia says knowing the reason as to why. Back in Chicago, I always slept with Kai.

"Dakota, you though are you okay?"

"Huh?" Her head pops up from resting on the table and she fills with panic.

"I didn't do anything!" she claims.

Amelia and I look at her worriedly, but don't get the chance to question her state as Alec walks in, catching all our attentions. His eyes just as red as Dakota's, he strolls in bumping into Dakota's seat before he's able to find the seat next to hers.