Chapter 56

"... I'm a bad bitch, you ain't used to that
You gon' fuck around and make me do you bad..."
~ Nicki Minaj

......

After five days of nonstop training, we're finally stationed at our positions lining each, and every route on the dock.

"Where's Anthony?" I question Kai.

"He's not coming, it's only Vincent and Dean," he acknowledges.

"Oh."

I want to question him further to find out why, but I let it slide as the son of the Chinese leader, Samuel comes in sight stepping out of his BMW. With five guards surrounding him, all armed with hand guns and knives that are outlined under his clothes, Samuel approaches Vincent and Dean, both who are stood in front of Kai and I.

"Is that it?" Vincent questions looking at the semi-truck that followed behind Samuels cars.

"Yes," Samuel responds.

"Zeke," Dean indicates Zeke to go and check out the supply. Opening the truck, it's full of plain brown boxes. Using a knife, Zeke cuts a hole into one of the boxes and takes out a bag of pills. Using his knowledge, he determines that the product is good enough to continue on the deal.

Kai turns around and nods towards the two members carrying the cash. They both walk forward and stand in front of Samuel opening the two cases. Once Samuel's men are done inspecting, they close the case and take them in hand.

"Have a-" before Samuel can finish his sentence, the roar of motorcycle engines comes into hearing.

"There's invaders coming through the west entrance, I'm trying to close down the gates, but I don't think it'll be fast enough," Cole speaks through the hearing aid attached to all of our ears.

"How many?" Kai questions.

"Twelve, more on the way," Calliste replies.

"Well, all of you know what to do," Kai words. Pulling out our weapons, Kai and I escort Vincent, Dean, Zeke and Samuel to the black BMW from where it'll be up to Samuel's men to get them out safely as the rest of us try to fight off whoever is invading.

"Fuck!" I yell as a bullet hits the door right next to me. The car being bullet proof, isn't damaged much, but the bullet lets the driver know to start driving and he drives off as Kai shoots whoever almost shot me.

"The gates are down," Cole informs.

"We're getting the supply," Kai yells. Within seconds of us running towards the truck, we're stopped midway as seven motorcycles circle around us.

"Don't do anything," Kai whispers into my ear.

"Drop your weapons!" one of them instructs and we do as we're told by kicking them to the side. With our instincts held high, we wait as all the engines die out and one of the men finally takes off his helmet.

"August," I look him dead in the eyes as a smirk grows on his face. A few of the others climb off their bikes and take off their helmets as well. I recognize a couple of them, but the some stay seated on their bikes.

"What do you want?" Kai steps in front of me blocking August's way.

In the moment, I hold my anger back by fisting my hands. The more he protects me, the more vulnerable he becomes.

I step to the side and watch as August lets out a small laugh.

"The supply, of course," August words. "And we wouldn't mind if she tagged along with us."