Fight

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

Natalia spent the rest of the day and night in her room, she couldn't face anyone right now. She felt somewhat betrayed by one of the closest people in her life. What he did didn't hurt her anymore, she somewhat felt numb now, Natalia is the type of person who can forgive almost anything.

But what hurts her the most is the lie. He failed to trust her. The lie told her two things, the first is he underestimates what she can forgive. The second is that he underestimates her ability to stay level-headed with the information. Two hurts for the price of one.

Natalia would have probably stayed in her room longer than the amount she already did, Rosalie, Kate, and even Seth appeared by her door trying to get to her but with no use. Natalia would crack the door slightly open and tell them she just needed time alone. It pained Seth to see his imprint in this state and he was very close to tearing Ace apart if it wasn't for Jacob and Edward there would have been a fight between the two that the wolf would have lost.

So Natalia stayed in her room sitting by the window looking out into the garden at everyone as they carried on with their day.

The only reason she left the room was that of Nessie. The little girl walked over to her aunt's bedroom door asking her to spend time with her and when she saw the younger girl's look she couldn't say no. It would just break her heart.

So that was how the blonde ended up walking out of the room so the two could go on a little walk through the forest. Natalia was thanking God that neither Edward nor Ace was anywhere in sight and that she would be able to spend some peaceful time with her niece.

But like all the good moments in life, they had to end and the arrival of the Romanian Coven was the reason their little walk had to end. To say that Natalia was shocked to hear that they had arrived would be an understatement. The blonde had only encountered them once that was many years back, she knew about the grudge that was between them and the Volturi but she didn't think they would appear here to help with being witnesses.

But then again vampires are known for being resentful.

So as of right now, Natalia was standing in the back of the room in the corner trying to stay out of the main focus for as long as possible. The moment that Ace walked in it was when the atmosphere went down a notch in the room.

It wasn't a secret that Ace wasn't liked in the vampire community, he was known to be unpredictable, manipulating, dangerous and somewhat cocky if he wanted to. Because of these traits and past decisions, the vampires that met him would often seem weary of him not knowing what kind of reaction they would get from him. But after a talk with Edward and Carlisle, the other vampires in the household decided to stay and endure the man's presence for the time being.

Ace stood rather close to Natalia but at the same time kept his distance not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable which made her thankful deep inside.

As everyone spoke Natalia finally decided to tune into what Eleazer was saying knowing fully well that it was important and her drifting off into her imagination was not something she should be doing at this moment.

"When Aro wants someone from a coven it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime."

"So he's done this before?" Bella asked but Natalia already knew all about this, she remembers clearly back when she just met the Volturi and Aro wanted her in his guard. He would try to find ways to separate Carlisle from Natalia and when he noticed that this didn't work he would try to make him stay as well.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern," Eleazer said thinking back.

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant," Carlisle said.

"This person always has an ability. And they're always given a place with the Guard." Eleazer then pointed out.

"This is all about Alice. He has no one like her." It was now since she walked into the room when Natalia finally looked in Edward's direction realizing that he was right.

Alice was the ultimate prize.

"Which is why she left," Bella said putting all the pieces together.

"Why does he need witnesses?" Emmett asked confused.

"To spread the word that justice has been served. After he slaughters an entire coven." Upon hearing Alistair say this Amun looked over at his mate before starting to walk in the direction of the exit clearly now not wanting to take part in this.

Ace let out a low chuckle amused as he watched the man walk while playing with the lighter in his hand.

"Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving," Amun said with authority in his voice.

"And where will you go? What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina or Kate or Ace or even Natalia or anyone else with a gift? Anyone they want." As Edward said the last name he looked in the direction of his sister looking at her with a sorry look.

"Their goal isn't punishment, it's power. It's an acquisition. Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family. But also for yours. And for the way you want to live." When Edward finished the first one to stand up from the couch was Jacob, not surprising Natalia whatsoever.

"The packs will fight. We've never been afraid of vampires." After him, it was the Denali's turn to stand up.

"We will fight." Of course, if Kate was to fight it meant that Garrett wasn't going to back down.

"This won't be the first time I fought a king's rule." What surprised Natalia was the fact that right after Garrett, Benjamin stepped forward.

"We'll join you." As he spoke Amun looked over at his coven member with a cross look firmly speaking up.

"No." Benjamin and his mate Tia looked over at Amun showing him that they were going to fight whether he did or not.

"I will do the right thing, Amun. You may do as you please." As Bella stood up beside Jacob, Senna spoke up for her and Zafrina.

"We will stand with you." And right after them, it was the Irish that decided to help.

"So will we." And right after them the nomads.

Ace looked around the room before looking over at Natalia, it was like the girl could feel his gaze on her because, for the first time since he walked into the room, she decided to look his way. He saw the look she held, he knew that she was going to fight for the girl even if he didn't like it. It caused him to roll his eyes as he put his lighter back into his pocket before moving over from the wall showing that he was going to fight which shocked the vampires that didn't know about him being Natalia's mate.

Ace looked around the vampires with his signature smirk enjoying the surprise on their faces.

"Oh please, it's like you don't know me. I never back out of a fight." As he said that he looked towards Edward nodding with a grin missing the small smile that Natalia sent in his direction.

"Well, that didn't take much," Vladimir commented to Stefan.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Edward said looking around.

"We'll see." As he said that to Carlisle, Alistair took his moment and left the room but not without hearing Ace let out a scoff.

Looking away from her mate Natalia looked out through the window thinking about how everyone showed courage, though they all knew that Aro's army was moving towards them. Soon they would face the dark gifts of Jane. And worse, the paralyzing vapour of Alec, who could rob anyone of sight, sound, and touch. Alec's gift could be the most painful of them all if he wanted to, but if he wanted to be merciful which wasn't something that he was but he could make it feel like you were just falling into a sleep from which you would never wake up from.