47. Dungeons and Promises (Zayden's POV)

Haven't done a Zayden's pov in sometime  so here you go, an extra long update. :)

Happy reading!

Zayden's POV:

After addressing the gathering of warriors and giving them orders on what to do, I leave them to prepare under the guidance of my Head of Warriors, Roman. Roman was the son of the previous Head of Warriors Justin, who was killed in an encounter with Jordan. Many of the warriors were also children of pack members who were hurt or killed by that heartless witch. This served as enough motivation for them to win this war.

'Alpha, we have caught Patricia and she is being held at the dungeons right now. She refuses to open up about anything but she is acting surprisingly calm. We need to question her further.' Jarred mind-links me. I immediately mind-link him back telling him that I would come down there right now to question her myself. She could never refuse an Alpha order.

I immediately head for the dungeons which were made below the old pack house which was abandoned when a fire burnt half of it down when my parents were still alive. It was a gruesome place, still filled with soot and ash from the fire and the musty smell of blood, vomit and urine from interrogating pack criminals still lingered in the air.

On entering the dungeon, I'm greeted by the guards who take me to the cell where Patricia was kept. I am met by a pissed off looking Jarred and a smug looking Patricia bound to a chair by her arms and legs. Jarred bows down to me and gives me an exasperated look which I found odd. Jarred was rarely annoyed by anything.

"You seem awfully smug for someone who is going to die in sometime, Patricia." I tell her, not missing a beat. She only gives me a smile but I catch a glimpse of fear passing through her eyes.

"You seem awfully mistaken about who exactly is going to die, Zayden." She retorts. I growl at her, Ryder pushing to claw her heart out. How dare she disrespect us like that?

"That's Alpha to you, mutt." I let out, fighting to get back control of my wolf. I did not want to kill her just yet.

"Jarred, where did you catch her?"

"She was lingering around the pack house with explosives in her hand, Alpha. She lured in the guard with her dirty tricks and managed to sneak in the explosives from the warrior base. The guard in question has been suspended."

"Playing with fire now, is she? What exactly did you plan to do with explosives, Patricia?" I question. I already knew the answer because of the seer but I wanted to hear the lies she could blurt out.

"Cut the crap, Alpha." She sneers, taking me aback. "You know exactly why I had them and I bet you know what is going to happen today. With all these dumb witches hanging around, one of them is bound to snitch."

"Good. I thought you would play dumb about it but you really saved me time by accepting it. So, what did they offer you to betray your pack?"

"Betray my pack? I was ridding the pack of that trash you call a mate. Are you forgetting that it was her father who killed you parents and grandfather? I was only preventing another catastrophe. She is the daughter of a murderer. The apple doesn't fall too far away from the tree. I didn't want what happened to your parents to happen to you." She sniffled, defending herself, like what she did wasn't wrong.

"By bringing in Rogues and her father into the pack? I knew you were dumb but not this is just stupidity at its heights. And I hope you are not forgetting the fact that it was your father who helped Jordan escape after killing my grandfather, making him a traitor. By your own logic, that would make you a traitor as well. We should've thrown you out when we had the chance." I growl out, moving closer to her and staring her right in the eyes. "So, what exactly did you tell them?" I ask, my tone threatening.