37. Drawn

-Jaden-

-Jaden-

I had no idea what got into me. I just kept talking and talking and talking... I never meant to spend so much time with Oliver, and I was definitely not going to tell him anything! But... It was so easy to talk with him... Every time he asked something, I just started vomiting words uncontrollably.

And I told him things I really shouldn't have... Like about our village and the fact that he was my freaking mate! But I couldn't help it! I might as well have given him all my passwords and codes for crying out loud! All he needed to do was ask...

I kept my eyes on the darkening street, making my way back to school, where Tilly and Arch promised to wait for me. What made Oliver suitable for me? Why wasn't he freaking out? He did say he had the feeling he already knew about our world, but how could anyone just forget something like that? But then again, I didn't know his past. I didn't even know why he was living in an orphanage. Something bad must have happened to his parents, or they had done something bad to Oliver, meaning he had suffered... Trauma would explain why he forgot, but I didn't like it. I didn't like it at all.

Did I just make things much more difficult by talking with him? He didn't seem to hate the idea of being my mate... Hell, he didn't even seem that interested in the topic! He just found out he was destined to be with me for the rest of his life and he just basically shrugged it off... Well, maybe he didn't fully understand the concept, in which case I had to explain it to him... Wait, no! I would not explain anything to him anymore! I really needed to avoid him in my human form, so I wouldn't spill anymore of our secrets.

"Did you forget something?"

I snapped my head up, ready to make a run for it. Why was Oliver standing right in front of me?! Then, I looked behind him.

"Oh, for fuck's sake..." I sighed. I was back at the orphanage.

"Why are you so spooked?" he asked. There was a fence between us, and it seemed like he never got into the house.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Why are you here?" he asked with a curious smile on his lips.

I let out a short growl, and decided not to tell him anything. "If I don't pay attention to where I'm going, I'll walk straight to you," I said, and snapped my mouth shut. Damn it!

"Oh, I see," he said, leaning against the fence. "So, you're drawn to me?"

I bit my lips together. I bit them so hard I could taste blood. But the way he looked at me, being all curious and innocent and friendly... "Yes! But it's because of the bond! Stop asking me questions!"

"Okay," he chuckled. "But I think you should go then, because I have like a million questions in my mind right now."

I squinted my eyes at him. I, too, had a few questions of my own. "Do you understand what a mate is?" I asked before I could stop myself.