Chapter 13

Lara-Jean

It was Thanksgiving day and Mark had woken Covey and I up and basically forced us out of the house.

"He gets like this when he gets into his cooking mode. He really likes to concentrate, and gets rid of anything or anyone he could deem a distraction." Covey had said rolling her eyes.

I nodded, I found it amazing.

For the past few hours we had been driving around town, going places on impulse. Covey lived in a small town, the people were friendly, very accepting of everybody and I loved it; along with the comfort I felt.

The afternoon was drawing to a close and Covey was driving her Jeep into a forest, a pathway we'd never gone before.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Patience is a virtue Lara-Jean." Was Covey's simple reply. A hint of a smile tugging at her lips and I sat back, crossing my arms over my chest. Excitement mingled in with nervousness was eating me up.

We got to a stop and I unbuckled my seatbelt. Slamming the door shut behind me I was stunned as I saw the beautiful scenery ahead. A lake, surrounded by flowers, birds chirping and the air smelt fresh. It literally looked like something out of a Disney Princess book.

"Woah." I said, my throat seemed to have gone dry and all I could do was stare.

"I know." Covey murmured next to me as she too took in the view.

There was a moment of silence then Covey immediately started ripping off her clothes, tossing them aside on the grass.

I stood there unable to tear my eyes away from her toned body as my insides lit up, what was she doing?

She got down to her underwear and I thought she would stop there but was quickly stunned when she began unlatching her bra.

"Covey!" I gasped, turning around.

My heart was racing fast and I blinked trying to clear my head. I suddenly felt something behind me, it was Covey. Her chest pressed up against me. Her bare chest against my back, the only thing separating it was the thin shirt I had on. I could feel her warm breath down my neck.

"Come on, let's go skinny dipping," she whispered into my ear.

With that she took off, her absence left me cold and I didn't turn around till I heard a splash. Covey was in the water, swimming on her back looking up at the setting sun, she was glamorous.

"Come in princess!" Covey yelled, smiling at me.

I hesitated for a moment but finally gave in.

I felt Covey's gaze on me as I took off my clothes slowly. I got down to my underwear and I felt myself heat up.

"Look away." I stated, unable to meet Covey's eyes.

I instantly got a flashback to that fateful morning in our dorm room and I tried to push the thought away from my head, hurriedly taking off my underwear and splashing into the Lake.

It was cold and I shivered slightly as I cautiously swam over to Covey who was beaming at me.

"Well," she said, smiling at me.

I felt my body heat up and I just stayed a few feet from her floating awkwardly in the water. A few moments passed, then Covey was reaching her arms out towards me, before I could react she had snaked an arm around my waist and dragged me towards her. Right into her chest. My breathing stopped. I just stayed there staring up into her eyes, they were warm.

Covey's eyes suddenly diverted down and I grew conscious of my body on full display in the transparent water. Slowly but surely, her eyes darkened. There was something in them. Desire.

"Lara-Jean." She mumbled my name into my neck and I wrapped my arms around her neck, consciously reminding myself to breathe.

Her hands began to trace along my abdomen, reaching itself up every so slowly and my breathing caught again. We were staring into each other's eyes. This had to be the most intense moment in my life.

"Lara-Jean." She mumbled again and just like that, her hands were on my breasts. Massaging.

I think I lost it then.

I threw my head back and bit on my lip. It was no use, the sounds began coming out and I was squirming under Covey's touch. I was liking this so much.

"Covey." I breathed out her name and that's when our lips collided. Fire and desire. There was also want, but most of all. Need.

For the first time ever, Covey broke it apart looking into my eyes.

"We're late." Covey said her voice hoarse and her lips swollen."Thanksgiving dinner."

Oh shit, I thought. I had completely forgotten about that.