3

Editing Credits: RedCross178

Aamiya went on and on about Asfand, making it clear that she missed him a lot. A friend of hers suddenly thought of something and asked, “ Why does Asfand Bhai care so much about you?”

Aamiya was baffled. “What do you mean why? I’m his cousin, it’s obvious he will care about me.”

“He is 8 years older to you, why don’t you call him Bhai?” Her friend asked further.

Aamiya thought for a while and then spoke.

“I have never called him Bhai and no one has even ever asked me to. Wouldn’t it be weird if I just suddenly started calling him Bhai?” Her friend shook her head.

“Idiot, how will it be weird if it’s Asfand Bhai with you? Look at you, you can go up to two weeks without your parents and not even two days without Asfand Bhai.” 

Aamiya couldn’t say anything else, she was drowned in her thoughts.

Asfand wrapped up his work early and got on the earliest flight back to Islamabad. He bought chocolates for Aamiya and made his way home. 

It was late at night when he reached, and everyone was fast asleep. He went to Aamiya’s room and saw her sleeping restlessly. He walked closer to her and took a seat next to her on the bed. Her face was lightened by the lamp on her table.

Aamiya shot up, feeling someone’s presence in her room. Her eyes landed on Asfand and she squealed excitedly, “Asfi!”

Asfand gave her the chocolates he’d brought for her and received a kiss on the cheek and a bright smile from Aamiya. He looked rather tired.

Aamiya got up quickly, “Asfi, you haven’t eaten. Wait here, I’ll get something.”

“No, I am not hungry. Just make tea for the both of us. I’ll be in my room.” He said, getting up.

Aamiya made tea and took their mugs into his room, only to see him freshly showered and running a comb through his hair.

He put the brush away and sat on the bed, waiting for her to do the same. She sat on the bed as well and passed him his cup of tea. She had tied up her hair in a knot, Asfand didn't like it but didn't say anything.

After they spoke for a while, Aamiya got up and left for her room, feeling much more relaxed now that she had spoken to Asfand.

--------------------

 A few days later,

Aamiya was inviting her friends to her birthday party. It was to be grand as usual.

An idea popped up in her friend’s mind and she spoke to Aamiya, “Ok! You may not believe me, but I know there is something more. And that, we can find out at your birthday party. You could pay attention to another guy and see what happens.” Aamiya wasn't comfortable with this plan, but decided to go along with it nonetheless. She also felt as if something was amiss.

On her birthday, everything was going perfectly.  She wore a beautiful dress, chosen by Asfi like every year.

Her friend approached her and said, “Are you interested in any guy here?” when Aamiya shook her head, she sighed.

“Ok. Look at that guy over there..” She pointed at one good-looking man standing in the room, “He is my cousin. You could use him to find out the truth. I will explain everything to him later.”

“But what would I have to do?” Aamiya asked nervously. She wasn't very comfortable with all this.

“Just go and talk to him, more sweetly than usual. Make sure Asfand Bhai notices. Later on, talk to Asfand Bhai about him, make sure you portray that you're interested in him. He doesn't have  bad habits or something, so there is no way to ask you to stay away from him.” Her friend said.