Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Marissa’s POV

It was finally Friday and I had a date with Alex tonight! I think this might sadly be the highlight of my week. He was great when I first met him and I have a feeling that tonight is going to be great. I did my morning routine, shower, brush my teeth, and throw on some clothes. I didn’t really care what people thought about me so I didn’t really dress to impress. I had on a simple pair of tight sweat pants and a long sleeve shirt.

Snow had started to fall now, there was a light brush of the white fluff outside, it was still coming down and I hope there’s a lot. I love the snow, it’s beautiful and after all winter is my favourite season. I walked down the stairs in a happy mood. This morning was a little different from the rest, usually by the time I'm down here most of the pack had already left but there was about ten people I didn’t really talk about sitting in the kitchen.

I saw no sign of Derek and Zane though, usually they ask me if I wanted a ride or they let me know when they’re leaving. That’s kind of weird, well I guess I'm walking then. But after training session with john a few nights ago I wanted to sit on the couch all day. he had worked all my muscles to the bone, I was so sore when I woke up this morning. But I can already see the improvement in my fighting.

“Hey Marissa Derek told and ran outside. The air was frosted and cold, every time I breathed out I could see my breath frosting but I loved it. it only made my smile bigger to know that winter was here. Just as I was about to get in the me to tell you that he had to leave so he took a ride with Zane and left you the keys” some random guy said then threw a pair of keys at me. “Ok thanks” I replied. Well that was nice of him to consider me. I grabbed a granola bar from the cupboards and walked out the door. I don’t know what they’re all still here for but I was close to being late if I didn’t get going.

I grabbed my little black jacked car I saw two people that made me freeze in motion. Running towards me was Kyle and Sean. A full out grin broke out on my face as I rant towards both of them.

“I missed you guys so much” I said as I was pulled into a hug by the two boys. “We missed you too Marissa, you don’t know how long we’ve been wanting to come back. I thought you were going to be mad that we up and left without telling us” Sean asked confused. I simply shook my head with laughter.

“I know the alpha and I don’t blame you guys. I'm just so glad that your back, please tell me your coming to school today?” I pleaded. “Well we just got back an we need to unpack and stuff, and you see we have to do some uh other stuff” Kyle went on and on trying to get an excuse not to go to school which only made me laugh. I knew they would go if I asked them anyway.

“Get in the car so we can go now please” they smiled but did as they were told. I climbed in the car and watched the snow, thinking about all the time that has passed.

It had been two months since Zane had rejected me and since we went to the club. It has been a couple weeks since Alex had asked me out and since we finally decided to make it happen. And it’s been a month or so since me and Derek have started getting along. It the last two months my life has changed drastically and I couldn’t help but smile.

I had a reason to wake up and smile every day because I had friends and people who cared about me. my mom was now back for four days, well until my birthday. I still don’t know what I want to do for that, I don’t want a big party because I think those are useless. I want to spend time with the people I care about not have some huge party where people drink and dance, that’s not really my scene or my idea of a fun birthday.

I actually haven’t talked to Zane in three days, I’ve been avoiding him ever since he blew me off that day. he’s tried to talk to me but when I asked him to tell me the reason he could never tell me exactly why all he would say was that he had pack business to take care of and it was confidential. I didn’t buy his shitty excuse though, because he was with her and she isn’t even in our pack, I would have noticed by now if she was.