11.4 I Will Stay

Chang MingYu sneezed due to the morning dew. The servants following him quickly handed a towel to wipe the snot on his nose. The emperor accepted the small towel, wiped his reddening nose off, then threw it to the side. The servant caught the towel and secured it to the nearby garbage.

The Andromeda Emperor is walking on the yards early in the morning despite the coldness and the dew from the night's fog. The sun has already risen yet the dew is still about to dissipate. Chang MingYu walked a few more steps when he sneezed again, feeling his nose clogging. This is his usual morning colds that would eventually go the moment the temperature returns to normal.

The announcement of the wedding happened the night. He received the invitation and accepted it without complain. He was still enemies with the emperor but the soon to be empress is the one close to his heart. He can't just let the moment slip, not now that he will be seeing a one of a lifetime chance of that person's colorful life.

How he wished it were him on Lang Yuan's side.

"I did not love you. So please be reassured that I will never be at all," was the words his (LY) soul mouthed. Chang MingYu could only sigh. How stupid, that person still held on their promise. Even his soul reminded him of his own cowardice.

"Ah... Even in this world we are not fated to be together," the emperor said, making all of his servants wonder what their emperor is saying.

Emperor Chang MingYu has taken his strolling time for so long and was planning to return to attend the wedding. But just then, he heard a noise coming from the corner of the courtyard. Curious, the emperor sent his servants to prepare his robes, as he would see what made that noise. If that were from a spy or an assassin, Chang MingYu would quickly make his move. After all, it was Lang Yuan's wedding. Everything should happen flawlessly.

He walked over at the end of the courtyard where he found a chamber. From the looks of it, he can tell that this one was owned by a high-ranking official. Because Chang MingYu is looking behind the chamber rooms, he didn't notice the Royal Chambers of the emperor. So the only person who could make that noise is the one occupying the room.

When Chang MingYu arrived on the scene, he saw a person wearing white to sky blue robes embedded with clouds and plum blossoms. The person is slumped on the ground, his chest dirty from the soil. His hair was tied up and a veil made up of thin net is covering his face. This person looked up when he noticed a presence before him.

Two pairs of familiar eyes stared at each other for the longest of time.

There's only a single person that would be wearing a veil today.

Chang MingYu did not step forward to help the youth. Lang Yuan also did not need the help of the emperor and stood up by his self. He saw the dirt covering the upper part of his robes. He tried dusting it off but the soil only multiplied making both of his sleeves dirty. Chang MingYu heaved a sigh.

"What happened to you? Why are you...err... on the ground?" Chang MingYu asked.

"I am taking a breather and wandered around for a while. I suddenly slipped and..."

"You are still clumsy as ever," Chang MingYu facepalmed.

Lang Yuan stopped cleaning his robes because it did no help. He instead stared at Chang MingYu. Chang MingYu did the same. They stared at each other without speaking as if their eyes are already talking. Well, what could they talk about anyway? After all, they already severed their ties. They are no longer together.

Yet...

"Yan Jia-"

"Shhh," Chang MingYu placed a finger in between his lips, his other one palming the air. A sudden golden bubble engulfed them inside, restricting any sounds to enter and escape. Yu XueQin had the same concealing bubble when he was talking in private with Zhong Song. However, this bubble has a greater value than that because even the 'rules' of the place can't hear their conversation.