Chapter 43: Foul

I didn't speak with Ace in the following days after the game. They won, if you were wondering. But I went home after it and he did too. He needed to concentrate and I understood that. I just texted him Thursday night wishing him good luck. Oh, and I maybe texted him Friday morning too.

What could I say I liked being annoying.

He replied to both of them, thank God.

I smoothed my hair once more in the mirror of my car. I stepped out and waited leaning against the driver door. I was considering if I should have come or not. Yesterday it seemed like the best idea.

One thing I had never understood, was the fact that we thought most about our future and things we wanted to accomplish at night. When I was younger, I used to imagine this whole life I wished to have before going to sleep. Always travelling, meeting people, doing crazy stuff. A boyfriend was never on my plans though. However I can tell you that a really hot guy was always waiting for me in one place or another. A different one each time. I didn't have enough with one, I had always been that smart, I know. Now I just limited myself to have some stupid ideas and tried to make them reality the next day.

Like this one.

I called Ace's mom and asked her for the medical school's address. I wanted to surprise Ace and come to see him after the test. After almost half an hour talking she seemed to remember I asked her something.

I loved that woman.

And here I was, waiting for Ace to get out. Sunglasses on, so he couldn't really see how embarrassed I was for doing this. Most people would think it was no big deal, but waiting for him to get out and planning on kissing the hell out of him in front of everyone was a big deal for me.

I also was nervous about the fact that he was about to meet my parents. I was pretty sure my mom would love him, I wasn't that sure about my dad. Not because he would see anything wrong with Ace, but because he would never see him good enough for me. That was just my dad.

Some people were already getting out of the building. I was biting my lips like crazy to the point it hurt. I suddenly stopped doing it when I saw him.

He was walking, looking down at his phone, probably turning it on. I wasn't that close so I couldn't really see his expression.

An idea came to my mind.

I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. I put it in my ear and waited for him to pick it up. He was closer now, so I could see the hint of the adorable smile in his face when he saw my name on the screen. He picked it up and looked forward as he stopped walking.

"Who is it?" He asked playfully.

"Your wonderful girlfriend." I replied smiling, my eyes fixed on him.

He turned around and let out a little laugh. Now all I saw was his profile.

"Wrong number. I don't have one of those."

"Then I guess no one's waiting for you outside of the building." I said amused.

"What? You're here?" He turned around quickly, clearly confused and saw me.

"Hi." I said softly with a small smile.

He bit his lips fighting a smile and began to approach me as he lowered the phone and hung it up. I began to walk towards him slowly, but started to speed up my pace as I saw him getting closer.

I threw myself at him putting my arms around his neck and crushing my lips against his. He wrapped his arms around my waist and smiled against my lips.