Chapter 2: Blues (Part 2)

👉(Note: SHIP HATE COMMENTS OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED)👈

-----------------------------------

Unexpectedly, Ladybug began to sing softly as she waited. He stopped in his tracks and whipped back around, mouth agape. That song... it couldn't be, there was no way. It was one that his mother used to sing to him when he was young; it held so many warm memories for him, of being comforted when he felt sad, of being loved when he was lonely.

Mood Music: True Colors - Cyndi Lauper (Amy Diamond cover)

You with the sad eyes

Don't be discouraged

Oh, I realize

It's hard to take courage

It was as if time had stopped and the only thing that existed was Ladybug and her enchanting voice, her dulcet tones pulling on his heartstrings.

In a world full of people

You can lose sight of it all

And the darkness inside you

Can make you feel so small

His heart felt both light and heavy at the same time. He wanted to run away but couldn't force himself to move his feet. He continued to gape at the silhouetted form, gently framed by moonlight and the lights below.

But I see your true colors

Shining through

I see your true colors

And that's why I love you

Minutes passed but it felt like an eternity. Fire burned in his chest and spread up his spine and down his limbs.

So don't be afraid to let them show

Your true colors

True colors are beautiful

Like a rainbow

There was no way this could be a coincidence, but if not that, then what else? Was it a sign? And if so, what did it mean?

Before he could continue down that line of thought, Ladybug turned her head and they made eye contact.

"Oh!" Ladybug squeaked and bounced to her feet. She wobbled at the ledge, then waved her arms to regain her balance.

"S-sorry! I'm sorry!" Adrien waved his hands apologetically. "I didn't mean to startle you."

Ladybug hopped down, almost stumbling down to where he was and stammered, "N-no, it's okay! I didn't know anyone else was up here. I wasn't paying attention, I'm a bit distracted tonight. This is a bit embarrassing, sorry." She wrung her hands together nervously as she rambled.

"No, it's not your fault, I didn't mean to intrude on your privacy. I was up here and heard your singing, and I didn't want to interrupt."

"Ohhh, you heard that, huh?" Her face reddened as her eyes darted away from him. "I only ever sing when I'm alone, I'm kind of shy about it, actually. I didn't realize you were here or I wouldn't ha-" She stopped suddenly and her face twisted a bit. "But wait... what are you doing here so late, Adrien? Is everything okay?" Her tone becoming urgent. "I should have asked you this from the beginning, are you alright??"