Ch. 5

The next weekend came up rather quickly, and Ginny had decided to hold the tryouts for Gryffindor's quidditch team on the 12th, which was a Saturday. Hermione agreed to go watch the tryouts, though Ginny knew her friend would most likely be reading. Hermione didn't deny it, mentioning that she did have quite a bit of homework to work on already and she wanted to make sure she didn't fall behind.

Sure enough, when Ginny got out to the pitch, she saw Hermione in the stands with a large book resting on her knees, furiously scribbling on a piece of parchment. Ginny laughed slightly and ran her eyes across the stands for more familiar faces. Another figure in the stands caught her eye, and she realized after a few moments that Blaise was slowly walking through the stands, watching the pitch.

When he caught her looking at him, he gave her a slight wave and a grin before sitting down, resting his elbows on his knees as his chin rested on his folded hands. Ginny rolled her eyes and turned away, pulling her hair in a ponytail before looking at the group of potential players.

Dean and Seamus were off to the side, with Seamus in the stands and leaning over to look down at Dean who was trying out. They were both smiling as they spoke quietly to each other, and when Dean noticed Ginny approaching, he lingered for a few moments before leaving Seamus and joining the group. Ginny raised an eyebrow at them, grinning as she realized exactly what was happening, and she made a mental note to talk to them later about it before catching everyone's attention.

"Alright," She started as she projected her voice. "First auditions will be for keepers. Anyone who is not interested in that position, please step to the sidelines and wait."

The majority of the group went off to the sidelines and tryouts soon started. Ginny tried to keep her cool as she could feel Blaise's eyes on her, and she would sneak glances every now and then to see if he was still there. He was, and he would grin when he saw her head turn slightly towards his direction as he knew exactly what she was doing.

Blaise was having fun watching the tryouts. He could hear the frustration in Ginny's voice whenever someone made a mistake or tried to argue with her; he even thought he could see her face turn red at one point after a shouting match. He almost didn't notice that Draco was moving towards him in the stands since he was so focused on the red head.

"I'd ask why you're here..." Draco started, making Blaise jump. "...but I have a feeling I already know the answer."

Draco sat down next to Blaise and raised an eyebrow at his friend. "You do realize she's still with Potter, right?"

"Of course I do, we've already had a discussion regarding it," Blaise answered. "I'm just having fun riling her up and making her lose focus."

"You seem to be doing a great job," Draco commented, watching as Ginny put her head in her hands in frustration.

"I haven't even started yet," Blaise grinned. "The other Gryffindors are doing enough already."

"Why exactly are you here, Blaise?" Draco asked curiously, scanning the stands. He caught sight of Hermione on the opposite side, her nose buried in a book. He watched her for a few moments before continuing: "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were actually interested in the red head instead of just trying to rile her up."

Blaise didn't answer, continuing to watch Ginny. Draco waited for a few moments before groaning. "You're not seriously considering-"

"And what if I was?" Blaise interrupted, looking over at Draco.

Draco shook his head. "She's with Potter."

"For now," Blaise retorted.

Draco sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "You're playing with fire by trying to go after her."