Chapter 5

"Axel."

The tall hispnic blonde stopped dead in his tracks, his under armor backpack slung over one shoulder. He could tell by my tone that I wasn't exactly pleased with him and we both knew why. "Yes?" Axel asked almost hesitantly, turning around slowly to face my crossed arms and popped hip. His grey eyes scanned my body, noticing the Timberlands on my feet like I was about to drop kick him in the jaw.

I honestly wanted to, but I was too good of a friend.

For now.

"Don't act like you don't know what this is about," I said firmly while sending him a look. I'd just caught him leaving the men's locker room before one of his afternoon classes so I couldn't keep him too long. I didn't have any Saturday classes so I'd either head out with Seb or go see my family until Axel, Seb, and I reunited for dinner or something. Just because I was getting pizza with him didn't mean I wasn't annoyed with though.

When he didn't respond I scoffed and uncrossed my arms, the two of us standing in the large navy hallway that led to the reception center of the rink. "Why would you introduce me to fucking Beckett Sampson and not tell me, let alone avoiding mentioning that he was your childhood best friend the whole time?"

"Because I knew you weren't happy about the new captain and I thought maybe you'd give him a chance if you knew him a little," Axel tried to reason, but even he knew the fatal flaw in his ways. I could tell by the hesitance still on his face when he spoke.

"So you didn't tell him either?" I questioned, quirking my eyebrow and uncrossing my arms to use them when I spoke. I was wearing a blush sweatshirt with a camo button down over it. As much as I loved summer, it was already freezing in an early winter chill. "Because I slept with him and you know how that will look if it gets out. For both of us."

Axel sighed regrettably, "I know it's bad for you and I'm sorry, but how exactly is this bad for him?"

"Because I'm the bitch trying to get a boyfriend and he's the player fucking his teammate and neither one of those looks good for scouting NHL teams," I hissed quietly. I was unbelievably annoyed with Axel even if he meant well. He should have told me.

"At least you like him," Axel tried to defend.

"Wrong. It's weird now," and I did not want to get into why. I have to look at the man I just had the best sex of my life with every day and resist the urge. That's not even the worst part; the worst part was if he thought I was a submissive bitch who couldn't stand on her own two feet without a man. I'm supposed to be having a pissing contest with the new captain, not blowing him.

"What's weird now?" The deep voice of the one and only captain came from behind me, making me want to freeze in my tracks. I thought everyone else had left but I guess I was wrong, because a second later Beckett Sampson was standing next to me with his defined arms crossed, straining against his navy Quinnipiac shirt.

"I'm going to take that as my que to leave..." Axel muttered before spinning on his heal and making a speedy retreat towards the glass doors in the lobby, just past the hallway.

"This conversation isn't over!" I shouted down the hall at him like an aggravated parent.

"Yes, it is!" I heard him yell back before a deafening silence filled the locker room hallway where I turned to face the former St. Cloud player. Beck's sapphire eyes burned wholes in my head when I looked back at him with my forest green ones.

"So you moved here for your brother? Nothing to do with the fact your number one rival and two time defending champs needed a new forward captain?" I asked curiously.