XVI

Really curious as to what your reactions will be.

~ Your death, it won't happen to youIt happens to your family and your friends ~

It happens to your family and your friends ~

I like to think that I'm completely content with my life, that I don't miss my mother and that I'm over her passing, but it's times like these that shatter what is only a pathetic delusion.
It's nights spent crying, wishing for her to be lying next to me and to comfort me as I sob in her arms, asking for advice.

Though I adore my father, he just isn't the right person to listen to my insecurities in regards to men as old as him, only my mother would be.

I rubbed my burning eyes, my fingers collecting the salty tears that stained my cheeks in the form of narrow rivulets of sadness as I tried to recall the fragmented memory of my mom's last birthday.

I couldn't bear this solitary grieving, so, after blowing my nose, I got up and opened my bedroom's door, directing myself towards my dad's room and hoping he'd still be awake. I turned the knob and stepped inside, seeing that he was lying in bed and reading a book which I was able to recognize immediately: my mother's collection of poems.

Dad looked at me and, after noticing my red eyes, rimmed by wet lashes, patted the spot next to him with a sympathetic expression.

I slipped under the heavy duvet and instantly relaxed when he brought one arm around my waist, holding me close to him as he continued reading. "I miss mama." I said quietly, peering at him through my lashes to study his reactions to my mom's writing.

"Me too. Try to sleep now, angel." The hand that was resting on my waist began to slowly move up and down across my back in a soothing fashion, making my lids fall upon my tired eyes, lulling me to sleep.

" The hand that was resting on my waist began to slowly move up and down across my back in a soothing fashion, making my lids fall upon my tired eyes, lulling me to sleep

"Have a good day at school, baby." Dad said, planting a kiss on my forehead.

I nodded and forced a smile, knowing that my day was not going to be good since that witch Victoria had come back to the house this morning and had already started glaring at me.
I got out of the car and saw Justin, who was sitting on the highest step of the staircase at the entrance, smoking and gesturing for me to near him.