14- Dirty Laundry

Spencer

I couldn't believe that my fantasy had finally become a reality.

Last night was incredible.

Nova and I worked so well together. Being skin to skin with her made it really hard to be gentle.

We were so sensual and so intimate. It was like a dream come true.

I woke up before her this morning. And all I could do was watch her sleep so peacefully. Her full lips were slightly parted and her long silky hair was askew.

She was so beautiful.

Seeing her laying next to me knowing that she loved me as much as I loved her stirred a feeling in me I couldn't explain.

I started thinking about my life without her, it was a darkness I didn't want to return to.

I needed to take care of my problem, but I didn't want her to wake up alone. I wanted to be the first thing she sees when she opens her beautiful blue eyes.

The light streaming in through the curtains, makes her bare skin glow. I gently run my fingers down her arm and over her back.

She was laying on her stomach and the sheet was bunched at her hips, she had one leg bent and out of the sheet and her arms tucked under the pillow.

As my fingers graze her spine, goosebumps appear everywhere I touch. I lean closer to her and place a gentle kiss on her shoulder, which causes her to stir and flutter her eyes open.

"Good morning beautiful"

She smiles sleepily at me and places a hand on the side of my face.

"Thank you" she mumbles

I grab her hand and kiss her fingertips.

"For what?" I ask between the kisses

"Being here with me this morning"

"I wouldn't be anywhere else"

She adjusts herself, so she's propped up on her elbows, her hair is over her shoulder and she looks at me through her dark eyelashes, while biting her lip.

I cup her face with one hand and use my thumb to remove her lip from between her teeth.

Her cheeks get red as I brush my thumb along her bottom lip.

"You have no idea do you?" I ask her softly.

"About what?" She replies in a whisper.

"What you do to me."

She smiles at me.

"I got a pretty good idea last night"

Her hand slowly lifts as she brushes some hair off of my forehead.

Her fingers trail down my face, taking in every crevice and crease I have.

I close my eyes and get lost of the feeling of her touching me.

She was perfect and right now, I was in total bliss.

My eyes open when she stops touching me. I immediately longed for her. I sit up slightly and press my lips to hers softly. When her lips move with mine, my hand tangled in her hair.

Her hands are on the sides of my face as she forcefully kisses me back.

God she felt amazing. And she tasted so good.

We pull away breathless after a moment and she rests her forehead against mine and stares into my eyes.

"Spencer?" She says my name in a whisper

"Yeah?"

"Thank you, for last night."

I chuckle slightly before pecking her lips.

"It was pretty great. I think we work pretty well together, don't you?"

She laughs as she pulls away.

I loved her laugh, it was beautiful and angelic. The kind of laugh that fills up a room and makes you feel at home.

When she stops laughing she looks at me again, and I can see a shimmer in her eyes. She was actually happy.

"Novs?"

"Yeah babe?"

"I need your help with something"

**

As the last bottle of alcohol is being poured down the drain, my brain is begging for a taste of it.

Ever since I found out Nova was pregnant all those years ago, I had turned to alcohol as a way to forget everything that's happened. A way to forget that the girl of my dreams was pregnant with someone else's child.

The bottom of a glass bottle became my best friend for five years. I was lost and couldn't find my way out of the darkness.

I was addicted.

Even knowing that I was opening my own law firm did nothing but add on to the stress. And now that I was draining all my bottles, an doubt forms in the back of my mind.

What happens if I turn to drinking again?

What happens if I lose Nova?

She's my only life line right now. I need her. I can't lose her, not when I'm in as deep as I am.

I place the now empty bottle on the counter and let out a deep breath.

Nova wraps her arms around my waist and hugs me from behind.

"I'm so proud of you babe. I know how hard it is."

I turn around to face her, and her grip never falters.

"I want to give you one hundred percent, I don't want to make a mistake again."

She kisses my cheek and tightens her grip on me.

"I know you won't Spence. You're incredibly strong, stronger than anyone. You can get through this. I believe in you. I love you Spencer and I have no doubt that you'll still be successful."

I kiss her forehead and wrap my arms around her shoulders.

I didn't want to let her go, I wanted to hold her forever.

Like we were the only two people in the world.

"Thank you for the support" I mumble into her hair.

"Of course Spencer. I'll always be there to support you."

She stands in her toes and places her lips on mine.

Knowing that she was all mine and that she supported me, made my heart swell with even more love for her.

The fact that she stayed and didn't run away when i admitted my problem, let me know she was in it for the long run.

I knew I could always rely on her, like she could me.

I once heard a quote that's stuck with me for years;

"True love is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other"

That's what Nova and I had, she isn't giving up on me and I sure as hell won't ever give up on her.

Because that's what love is.

And I wouldn't trade ours for the world.