Seven

It took me almost the whole day to explain to Steve about everything. About how I became a vampire. About my life in Mystic Falls. About my brothers. Katherine. Everything. He wanted to know so I was completely honest with him.

He bounced the ball before tossing it into the hoop. "So let me get this straight, this Katherine Pierce put your brothers against each other and now all three of you are dead because of her."

I grabbed the ball. "Actually, if you put it that way...yeah." I dribbled it a few times. "I mean, Katherine's blood might have turned us and Stefan helped create the monster that I am, but everything turned out for the better." I threw the ball and it went through the hoop.

Steve got the ball this time. "I don't think you're a monster." He bounced it once. "Your brother on the other hand..."

I chuckled. "Well, you won't be seeing him again. He's mostly mad at my twin for forcing us to complete our transition."

He nodded. "Ok." He threw the ball again, this time neither of us picked it up. "Wait, if you burn in the sun, how are you able to come outside?"

"Ah," I smirked at him as I held up my ring. "Daylight ring. Makes me come out in the morning so I could party all night."

"And by 'party' you mean..."

"Yup, feeding on little squirrels and bunnies to survive."

Steve nodded again. "Good. So you don't drink human blood or crave it." He looked towards the ground. "That's good to hear."

I tilted my head to the side. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head. "It's nothing. It's, uh," he looked up at me, "have you ever drank blood from the vein since you got here?"

I shook my head. "No. Why?"

"Nothing. It's just Nancy's friend Barb went missing and -"

"You wanted to see if I had anything to do with it?" I concluded. Steve nodded. "I wasn't in Hawkins that night."

"That's - That's good to know."

I gave Steve a curious look. "Steve," he looked up, "do you think I'll hurt you?"

He shook his head. "No, not really." He grabbed the ball. "But I am hurt that you didn't plan on telling me this. My best friend is a freaking vampire!"

I chuckled as I looked at my watch. "Ooh, hey, you still have that dinner to get to."

"Do you need a ride home?" he asked. I raised my brow at him with a grin. "Right, super speed."

"I'll see you later, Steve." I made sure no one was looking before I sped away.

It wasn't even that long. I stopped halfway to my house and walked. Times like these I prefer walking. I got this great scenery every time I walk home. The sun was about to set so the sky was the amazing red/purple color. I barely walked for a minute before I heard an engine along with music. I kept walking. Whoever it is will just drive right by me. Or so I thought.

The car slowed down and met up with my speed. I rolled my eyes when it was the fuckboy Billy Hargrove's. He rolled down the window and smirked at me.

"Hey, Princess," he greeted.

"Fuck off, Hargrove. I'm not dealing with your shit," I answered as I continued walking.

He still sped up. "What are you doing walking alone?"

"Having a peaceful walk until you decided to show up. Now you and your stupid hair can leave me alone."

"Come on, Princess, let me take you home."

I shook my head. "One, hell to the no. Two, I am not going anywhere with you. Three, if I get in that car you might not drop me off at my house. You might park on the side of the road and not move until I give you head." Yeah, I could kick his ass if he did try to pull that, but I'm don't want my first human blood bag to be a dickhead. "How close am I to that?"

"Look, we didn't get along at lunch with me enjoying your rack, but I'm being generous here. Let me take you home. I promise I won't try anything."

"That's what all kidnappers and perverts say. Next thing I know I'm back at your place blindfolded with my hands tied behind my back until you butt fucked me."

Billy's smirk got wider. "Well, I'm not kinky like that but if you're offering..." I rolled my eyes again in annoyance. "I'm being serious. Let me be a gentleman and give you a ride."

"You have to be a gentleman first," I retorted. I sighed in relief when Billy nodded and drove ahead. It wasn't long until he parked his car on the side of the road. I furrowed my brows when he got out and started running towards me. "What are you doing?"

"Walking you home," he answered.

I raised my brow at him. "Don't you have a sister to pick up?"

"The brat could wait." He pulled a cigarette out and lit it. "So am I walking you home or what?" I raised my brow. "Car or walk, Princess."

I rolled my eyes. "I'll wait in the car." I started walking towards his car. I could feel him smirking behind. "And wipe that stupid smirk off your face. The car is faster travel and the faster we go the faster I'm away from you."

"Well, I could park on the side of the road if you want -" I shot him a glare which made him chuckle. "I'm kidding." I shook my head before going inside. "A little bit."

Billy went to the driver's side shortly after. He turned on the engine before he sped down the road. We drove in complete silence.

"What? So comment," he said. "How about a thank you?"

I turned and glared while I gave him a tight smile. "Gee, Billy. Thanks for not taking a no for an answer and offered a ride home." I looked towards the window and deadpanned, "You're a real hero."

He took a drag of his cigarette and blew it. "No problem." I gave Billy the directions of my house. We arrived about five minutes. Billy whistled as he parked in front of my house. "Who did you rob to get a place like that?"

I gave him a look. "My uncle is a lawyer. So he's able to afford a place like this."

"Is he home?"

"No." I turned and saw the suggestive look he was giving me. "Hell, no. I told you I'm not doing that, Hargrove."

He shrugged. "Fine. Fine." He turned in his seat and looked at me. "I'm just letting you know," he placed his hand on my thigh, "I'm going to fuck you one of these days." His hand slowly trailed up. "And you're going to be the one who asks for it."

"Is that so?" I asked. Billy nodded. "The only way I'll ask you to fuck me is if you deserve it. Which is never in a million years." And a million years is a long time for a vampire.

"Is that a challenge?" Billy asked.

I leaned closer to him. My hand laid on his chest as I moved closer to his ear. "That's a promise," I whispered.

》》》》

A/N: 🔥🔥🔥 I smell tension.

Thoughts on Bela and Billy.