Chapter 17

"Flight 108 to Nebraska boarding at terminal 4B." The stewardess on the intercom announced. Tanya, Kaleb and Chloe rose out of their seats and made their way to the private plane Kaleb had booked under an alias through a close friend who happened to be a pilot of his. It was 23:43 (11:43 pm) and Tanya was dead set on getting the hell out of the U.K. She had already called Gina and told her to come and visit once the three of them got settled in.

Kaleb and Tanya hadn't set up where exactly they were going, but Tanya just wanted to get on American soil as soon as possible, so Kaleb pulled some strings and had the private jet owned by one of his best mates Darien who was the pilot as well as the planes owner. Tanya declared any ties to Oliver and his family was officially cut as soon as the pilot announces they were preparing to land in Nebraska.

The two walked past the flight attendant at the entrance to airplane and boarded the flight. Tanya set Chloe in a car seat that another flight attendant had gotten for her. Tanya sat back in her seat as she faced Chloe who was facing her in her seat drinking a apple juice box provided by the plane.

"The plane should be taking off in about 5 more minutes," a different flight attendant said with a bright smile in a heavy French accent.

"Have you ever been to the states, Kaleb?" Tanya asked making conversation.

Kaleb turned to her and drew his eyebrows together and smiled at her. "Of course, well like about twice when I was a wee lad. But after my father's expulsion from Walleria...I lived in Ireland outside of Dublin with my mum and dad. Well...that was before my mum left my father after she found out my father couldn't really support her shopping habits as much as he used to." He laughed sadly. "She died 8 years ago when her new husband got drunk off his arse in a bar and bashed in her skull with his telee (television)." He finished stoically.

"So is that why you take such a hate to abusive men?" Tanya asked apologetically.

"No...it's more of the reason why my dad was exiled from his home." Kaleb said dryly. "The plane's about to take off." He said changing the subject. Tanya checked Chloe's seatbelt and strapped herself in and looked down at her growing stomach she rubbed a palm over it and smiled. Kaleb looked at her and put his hand over hers. Tanya looked up at him in surprise and smiled when he smiled at her.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way." He whispered to her. "Just know that I was not the one to leak you to the press, I'd never do that to you, but I do have some people in the U.K investigating who did it and why." He told her seriously.

Tanya nodded not knowing much to say. The plane began to back up and make its way to the runway for takeoff. Tanya looked at her daughter as she looked out the window beside her, the plane began to speed on the runway and Chloe's eyes widened in horror when the plane began to rise off the pavement.

"Shh..." Tanya cooed to her daughter reaching for her tiny hand and holding onto it. "It's okay baby. This will be over and you won't even feel it soon. I promise." She cooed to her daughter kissing her hair.

She sounded more like she was convincing herself than her own daughter.

~*~

"SHE DID WHAT?!" The king shouted through the phone. Oliver sat in front of his father and with his secretary to his left and his publicist to his right. They were going through an all-nighter going over his speech for the press conference that was to take place the next day when the king's office phone rang to break the news that Tanya had skipped town with Chloe, Kaleb and her unborn child.

"I want you to have her followed. Make sure you get addresses to where she's going, where's she's been and where she and my abomination of a nephew have been staying." He yelled furiously through the phone. Oliver watched as his father's face flushed red with wrath, and his ears even turned a bright shade of red. "She's not ruining this family. I'll take maximum measures to make sure her unborn spawn isn't born into this world, she has one bastard child why does she want another?!"

Oliver's fists clenched as his father talked badly about his daughter and his unborn child. He literally bit his tongue refraining from talking back and out of line to his father. He began to taste blood and his tongue grew numb after an episode of pain. He closed his eyes shut and took deep breaths. Oliver's publicist noticed Oliver's tension and rolled her eyes. His secretary seen him and she put her hand on his shoulder and rubbed it to help calm him.

"BRING HER BACK HERE! THAT'S WHAT I WANT!" His father shouted. "...Do what you must, I understand. Cherrio." He finished hanging up the phone, he ran his hands over his face in frustration and took multiple deep breaths to calm his self.

"She's ran off." He said after a while of silence. He looked to his son and stared at him hard. "You just couldn't keep your dick in your knickers could you? Why did you do it Oliver? Why can't you just be loyal and faithful to your wife? Why couldn't you fucking act like a man instead of a horny raging teenage lad!" His father shouted rising out of his lounge chair behind his desk.

Oliver didn't say a word.

"The bitch," Miranda said under her breath, Oliver barely caught it. "We need to finish this speech, then we can worry about getting your mistress back here for her abortion appointment." She finished.

"No need to worry about the trollop." The king said with a smirk. Oliver looked at his father with narrow eyes confused.

"What are you implying father?" He asked leaning forward in his seat.

"Nothing you need to be getting into. Now finish up your work and head upstairs to your wife and apologize to her. Do whatever it takes, after a woman has felt she can't be safe around you...you need to do whatever they want. Women love materialistic items. They can be easily bought and persuaded with anything shiny and flashy." He said dryly as he rolled his eyes.

Oliver thought for a moment then remembered his mother with markings on her body.

"You've been in my position before...haven't you sir?" He asked his father.

"Well...that's none of your concern what goes on in my personal life, I keep my secrets behind closed doors, you on the other hand...I can't even look at you, I'm retiring for the evening, good night." He said then walked around his desk making his way to the door. He turned back and gave his son one last disappointed look shaking his head as he exited.

"I want to know who leaked my information." Oliver said suddenly. "Constantine, I want you to get me every single video tape of my office, and the hallway. I also want you to pull up the number that just called my father, I don't trust my father, he's a very devious man...Miranda...finish up the speech on your own, this was your idea, so you do it, I'll read over it for confirmation in the early hours. I'm going to make a phone call then retire for the evening as well." He said rising and making his way to the door as he father had just done.

"Your highness!" Miranda called out irritated. Oliver ignored her and slammed the door shut. He pulled out his phone and dialed Tanya's number.

"We're sorry the number you have a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this recording in error-" The intercept message recording said.

"No." Oliver said to himself as he hung up and dialed the number carefully once again.

"We're sorry the number you have a number that has been disco-" It repeated.

He hung up and dialed his cousin's Kaleb cellular phone.

The same recording sounded through the other line.

Oliver let out a loud roar as he threw his cellular phone at the wall of the palace corridor and punched the nearest window which caused it to shatter, he had no way to reach Tanya nor Kaleb to warn them about his father's plans, or whatever plans he had in store for Tanya, he was relieved Tanya got out of the country...but now that his father knew of where she was headed, and he had someone tailing her... he knew whatever his father had planned wasn't going to turn out without bloodshed, hell he almost killed his own brother, the only thing that stopped him was his mother telling him not to, thus he was exiled.

Tanya was doomed if Oliver didn't reach her in time, he knew Chloe would be in the middle of it, and that meant her life was threatened too, and knowing his father he'd have her mysteriously wiped off the face of the planet just to keep the royal name out of turmoil, Oliver wasn't having it. Oliver...was going to America.