Chapter 1

The horrible ringing of the alarm clock made Alana groan out as she tried to wake from her slumber. Her eyes were practically glued together and she fought to open them up. The incessant noise was making her head pound.

"Alana, wake up, it's 5:30" Eva spoke as she walked into the room and shut the alarm clock off.

Due to the excitement, Eva couldn't sleep last night. Today was the day that they would head to the royal werewolf castle to attend the international alpha meeting.

The bonus of being a Vampire was that they could run a few days on basically no sleep. That was partially why Eva graduated college ahead of everyone else. She would stay awake for days just studying and finishing projects and homework.

"Five more minutes" Alana mumbled as she struggled to rid her eyes of sleep.

She was really trying to wake up but her dreams held her in a death grip. She couldn't shake the sleep from her eyes.

Eva sighed out in annoyance but agreed nonetheless. She would let her best friend rest for a couple of minutes. Eva had a book she needed to return to the library on the third floor anyway.

As she grabbed the book and her walking stick she headed out the door and to the library.

In the mornings the PackHouse was very quiet. The only sound that could be heard was the slight tapping Eva's walking stick made as she managed to walk without anyone's help.

To Eva, the darkness that she was in was never an issue. She found comfort in her dark world. Although she was blind she never thought less of herself. If anything she was stronger. Her heightened senses that came naturally from birth were doubled in strength due to the fact that she was blind. She loved it. She could hear anyone from far away and her speed was unmatched. Sometimes even the alpha had trouble keeping up with her. She loved her life. She loved her family and she even loved the Pack.

Although she was very grateful and very loved she couldn't help but feel like something was missing from her life. Something she couldn't quite figure out.

When the end of her walking stick tapped the door to the library Eva stopped walking and stuck her hand out. Her fingers searched for the braille words on the door that read library. When they did she smiled to herself and pushed the door opened.

As she walked in her smile grew knowing she was all alone in the library. There were no sounds of hearts beating in here and she let herself breathe out in glee.

She placed the walking stick on the table and smiled as she made her way around the room without any help.

The Alpha had forbidden anyone from moving anything in this room. It had been the same for a couple of years. Eva had memorized every inch of this room. If something were out of place she knew. She was in her element here.

She placed the book back where it belonged and slid her hands across the spines of the other books. Looking for one that could catch her attention.

Eva didn't miss the footsteps she heard outside the door. When the person walked into the library she immediately knew who it was.

"Good Morning Mother" Eva smiled as she continued looking for a book.

"Good Morning My beautiful baby girl" Misty chuckled as she sat down on Eva's favorite windowsill.

Eva's hands stopped when she felt a book that didn't belong. The spine was bare and had no braille.

"Oh? You don't belong here" Eva mumbled as she pulled out the book and opened it to read what was inside.