Pink Glitter

*I am sorry for the past couple as they contained smut so have some cute shit*

Ryan knew that it wasn’t Nicole’s fault, but he couldn’t curb his irritation as he drove towards the kindergarten building.  It wasn’t like Ryan wasn’t expecting the phone call, only thirty minutes before his father was supposed to be at the school to do some Parent’s Job Fair Day thing, but still, he hated leaving in the middle of his work, especially in the middle of a sentence.

Despite it all, the thought of his sister being the only one in the morning kindergarten class without someone there made Ryan’s heart ache a little bit, so he left the computer, pushed aside his pen and paper, and got on the road as soon as he could, chugging a can of soda since he only got three hours of sleep the night before thanks to a particularly vicious plot bunny.

He didn’t know what he was going to say to a class full of five and six year olds.  Ryan could handle his sister, but in general, children made him nervous.  Even the friends that Nicole sometimes had over for ‘play dates’ made Ryan feel a little panicked.  When people asked, Ryan always tried to be as polite as possible when explaining why he wasn’t that fond of children, but it usually ended with him ending his explanation with “and they’re just so damn annoying.”

He couldn’t help it.  He loved Nicole, but Ryan knew that if it wasn’t for the fact that they were related by blood, her constantly sticky hands, her endless amount of hyper energy, and her incessant questioning would drive him crazy and he wouldn’t be able to stand her.

Ryan sighed as he pulled into the school parking lot, pulling into a spot next to a shiny silver Mercedes that had a bumper sticker exclaiming that their child was a gymnastic star and a beat up looking purple mini van that had so many different band stickers on it that Ryan couldn’t even make out the name of half of them.

Looking down at his watch, he realized that if he continued to stare at the back of the slightly decrepit van he would be late, so Ryan drained the last bit of his soda can and placed it on top of the Mercedes’ trunk.

He hoped that it would leave a mark.

---

Ryan knocked on the door to Nicole’s kindergarten room.  There was a lot of noise coming from inside: playful shrieks, bursts of laughter, what sounded like someone banging not so rhythmically on a desk, but there was no call for him to come in.  He wondered if maybe he was supposed to just come in on his own, but he didn’t want to interrupt.  Maybe they were supposed to wait outside.  Ryan looked around.  Where were all the other parents?

Sighing, Ryan knocked on the door again, and this time, he heard someone yell out, “One second.”  Apparently, in kindergarten, one second was longer than Ryan had always assumed it to be, and a full minute later, a disheveled looking man opened the door and poked his head out.

He had dark, almost black hair, wide, brown eyes, and when he asked, “Can I help you?” Ryan’s eyes were immediately drawn to his large lips.  Especially when he licked over them before he asked the question again.  Ryan hadn’t answered; he was too busy staring at the man in front of him, and yeah, this guy was sort of ridiculously attractive.

“Um, hello?” the man, presumably the teacher even though he looked to be Ryan’s age, said questioningly, no doubt wondering if Ryan was some sort of pedophile creep who had wandered into the kindergarten, wide eyed and dazed.

Ryan blushed, realizing that he still hadn’t said anything.  He swept across the man’s features and frowned, all thoughts of normal introductions flying out of his mind.  “Do you know that you have pink glitter in your hair?”  The flush on Ryan’s face grew hotter when he spoke those words, and he fully blamed his lack of sleep.