Chapter 8

The fact that Xu He Jun and Huang Shang Rong are cohabiting doesn’t stay hidden for long, having run into colleagues several times at the markets, pushing a baby’s stroller between them. Not to mention a reliable informant from human resources had pointed out that the address Xu He Jun recently moved to was also coincidentally Huang Shang Rong’s home.

Xu He Jun hadn’t intentionally hidden this matter but it wasn’t something he deliberately mentioned either. Since most of the staff at Jing Xiang knew Huang Shang Rong, he could only thank everyone for their concerns and that their relationship had entered a stable period.

“I had no idea! To think Xu He Jun was eaten up by Huang Shang Rong!”

“Not to mention its buy one get one free – buy a husband and get a son thrown in!”

“Like this and she still wants him!”

“She’s a strong career woman! Normal people can’t comprehend what she wants.”

“When you put it like that, isn’t it Xu He Jun who benefits the most?”

“Why would you say that?”

“Although Huang Shang Rong is older than him, she’s maintained herself well. Anyway when he turns the lights off, all women are pretty much the same! But this way, Xu He Jun’s struggle is shortened by 10 years! Look, there’s someone to help him raise his son, not to mention Huang Shang Rong’s income and position are higher than his, and there’s even a house waiting for him. If it were me, I’d also throw my pride away and let Huang Shang Rong raise me as a kept man!”

“But Xu He Jun also works hard on his own, he wouldn’t sink to being a kept man!”

Xu He Jun had always been an approachable gentleman with a smiling expression who got along with everyone. Even when he leapt up to the position of general manager he had kept his good temperament. Only, after interacting with everyone for a long time, everyone can sense that he isn’t as harmless and unimposing as he seems. Compared to Huang Shang Rong’s short fuse, it's fine once her tantrums over, Xu He Jun is harder to fathom since no one knows what he’s really thinking.

And since he had worked so long in the lower levels, secretly observing changes in their affairs, he’s developed a keen eye and the ability to read people. Rather than saying he never goes against others, it’s more accurate to say no one dares to provoke him since his specialty is understanding people, while simultaneously keeping them in his grasp.

“What you’re saying isn’t wrong, but with the female Emperor’s personality, wouldn’t the mild mannered Xu He Jun be completely devoured?”

“For his own and his son’s sake, he’ll endure!”

Since Huang Shang Rong and Xu He Jun started growing closer, Xu He Jun had also shown noticeable changes. Not only was he promoted, his salary had followed in suit. He also had more style, no longer wearing or using cheap second hand goods. Recently, not only did he seem triumphant, his brow appeared more refined, displaying as much elegance as it can, completely different from his previous poor state. Everyone was saying Xu He Jun had bet on the right horse and truly profited. Huang Shang Rong might be fierce, but she’s lavish with her husband, and extremely lavish at that!

Once these things reach his previous girlfriend, Su Xiao Dai, she feels 2 million percent dissatisfied, as though they were saying Xu He Jun wasn’t at all fortunate to be with her and was only happy after being with Huang Shang Rong.

Or maybe it’s her female pride struggling. She refuses to believe it.

If she had encountered Xu He Jun a little bit later, and dated him later as well, she wouldn’t have been so stupid to let go of the big fish in front of her. Although being with Weng Yu Jie satisfied her material needs, the person he cares for most is himself. He was only warm and considerate while chasing her, no longer bothering once he’s caught her!