Chapter 10

News of Xu He Jun and Huang Shang Rong’s marriage quickly spreads. Originally Huang Shang Rong had only wanted to hold a small ceremony with their close friends and co-workers. But if Xu He Jun’s parents appear, everything would be exposed.

So they could only spend a lot of effort to hold two ceremonies. One in Taiwan where they invited all their colleagues and supervisors at the company, while using their honeymoon to hold a grand ceremony in England, which all the relatives and close friends of the Xu family, as well as the company’s major shareholders and senior staff attended.

Now it didn’t matter who was first or second, they were already husband and wife. Their dominant woman-submissive man pairing was praised throughout the company for a period. Everyone was saying that since marrying, Huang Shang Rong’s bearing and temper had improved immensely, while Xu He Jun was working harder than ever, with his weak and overly affectionate personality became more mature as he aged. But he still hadn’t changed his devious nature. No matter where he went, he would quickly grasp everyone’s weak points.

Aside from that agreeable personality of his, there’s still that awe inspiring —- no no no, that’s to say, that respectable other half of his – general manager Huang Shang Rong. Even after marriage, Huang Shang Rong’s fierce style hadn’t changed. Whether it’s a man or a woman, as long as they made a mistake, they’ll be indiscriminately smeared.

The contrast between the two of them, one firm and one flexible, one hard and one soft, some people can’t help but admire Xu He Jun’s soft approach, while others thought he had truly profited the most! Some people even thought, with Huang Shang Rong’s abilities, she could easily find a good man. Being with Xu He Jun and the fact that he even has a kid, is truly too unfortunate for her!

“A better man wouldn’t necessary suit me more.” At the time when her close friends tried to warn her that Xu He Jun wasn’t a good marriage candidate, Huang Shang Rong merely replied like this.

To think so many people have to consider a man’s background as one of the criteria for marriage. Sometimes she can’t help but think how fortunate she is that she can support herself and easily live on her own. Otherwise, if she didn’t have the skills but still fell for a poor brat, and was determined to be with him, they wouldn’t be able to persist for long. Being together, they’d have to endure a lot of suffering.

Less than half a year into their marriage, her stomach starts to swell. Originally this was a joyous occasion, only they hadn’t expected that it would turn into something that caused everyone to gawk——

Right after Huang Shang Rong shared her news, it’s strange how the president always came to the 10th floor for inspection. And even the president’s wife who rarely visits, often runs into the general manager’s office, sometimes with nutritious tonics and sometimes with bird’s nest soup, so Huang Shang Rong always has a lot of unfinished nourishing products beside her. While even the high ranking executives and large shareholders occasionally enquire after her.

The entire company starts to speculate over her affairs. This whole time they hadn’t planned to proceed with the child care plan, but ever since Huang Shang Rong became pregnant, neither she nor Xu He Jun needed to mention it, when the president and several major shareholders took the initiative to pass the plan, letting them draw their own conclusions.

Although everyone had strong suspicions that Huang Shang Rong had a strong benefactor, their thoughts were really too overboard. So in the end no one really knew what was going on, not to mention these types of things, if no one explicitly reveals anything people normally wouldn’t know what was going on.