Epilogue

“Wah wah wah….”

The sharp cry of an infant resounds through the delivery room. Xu He Jun supports Huang Shang Rong with one arm, his whole body trembling uncontrollably.

Last time he had missed out on Hao Hao’s birth, but from now on, he won’t miss out on the witnessing any of the results of his and Huang Shang Rong’s love.

“Born! Shang Rong, thank you, you’ve really worked hard!”

To think giving birth would be so gruelling, he’s still trembling even now. Don’t be scared, he’s now the father of two!

He should be really proud!

Having recovered some energy after collapsing, Huang Shang Rong exerts herself to raise her upper body, as the nurse helps pass her the little infant that had just been washed clean, letting her hold her own child.

“Congratulations Mrs Xu, it’s a boy.”

What, it’s a boy? Holding the child, the corner of her mouth twitches slightly.

The scrupulous Xu He Jun notices, promptly appeasing his wife. “It’s alright, two boys and two girls right? There’s still more chances, next time we’ll work hard to have a daughter!”

Another two years—–

“Wah wah wah…..”

Xu He Jun uses the same arm to hold Huang Shang Rong.

Only this time his movement is a little more stiff.

The nurse nimbly wraps the baby in a neat bundle, carefully handing it to Huang Shang Rong.

“Congratulations Mrs Xu, this time it’s a boy.”

What? It’s a boy again?

Huang Shang Rong’s face darkens, glaring at Xu He Jun filled with murderous intent, asking him to explain himself.

“Both the palm and the back of your hand is flesh[1]!” He immediately adds “Next time I’ll have my X chromosomes swim a little faster, alright?”

“They better.” She glares viciously at him, before lightly patting the little infant in her arms. “Otherwise you’re dead.”

A little over a year—–

Inside the delivery room—–

Crap!

Xu He Jun supports Huang Shang Rong with one arm like before.

As the child is born.

“So how is it?” Raising her head like a queen as she regards the father of her children.

“Congratulations Mrs Xu, eh…. This time it’s a boy….” The nurse politely hands the infant to her, only watching her stiff expression and the pitiful expression on the child’s father, the nurse can’t help but feel strange.