Chapter 10

A/N WHAT'S UP IM BACK LETS GET IT

Reader's P.O.V

We arrived on the quiet battlefield, which had stopped to stare at us. It took me a second to realise – they were looking for a signal. As Peter landed on the field below and the rest of us hovered around him, I cried out a scream and lunged at the nearest creature. It took less than a second for everyone else to join in once again.

Peter and I stayed close during the fight. We dodged, and swiped, and threw, and crushed the outriders, driving down their numbers. It wasn't long before my face was covered in black soil and green blood, but I was thriving in the chaos of the battle. I had heightened abilities and reaction times, plus the stone fuelled a passion for destruction, though I wasn't entirely sure that that was a good thing.

Soon, we regrouped. Vision was badly injured, cradled by his love, the Scarlett witch. I scanned the area to find a crew of avengers surrounding me, but it wasn't time for introductions. Cap surveyed the group, taking in injuries, energy, and trying his best to gauge Strange and my's powers. I met his eyes, tired from the battle. Nodding, I grinned at him, driven to take down the purple Titan.

I was already high on adrenaline, and was suffering from only minor scratches compared to some of the crew. The stone seemed to redirect my energy whenever I fought; I was feeling more powerful than ever after causing so much chaos and destruction, which the stone craved.

And it was good timing too, because just after I smiled at Cap, a swirling blue portal opened before our eyes. Our heads rose to value the incoming threat, and several of us bustled into a fighting stance.

"Together?" I questioned the group, not aware that many of them were looking to me for confirmation despite my age. Clearly I had made an impression on the battlefield.

"Together," Cap replied, and the team took that as their signal to advance.

The Titan roared in rebuttal, charging in with his gauntlet outstretched. He managed to cage a few warriors – Bruce was thrown in to a cliff side and stuck there. Natasha as enveloped by vines, and T'challa as harshly brushed aside by the giant alien. We all scratched at the Titan, wounding him and pushing him back. It was then he decided he needed back up.

Again, he outstretched his gauntlet towards me, but I knew what would happen this time.

"No you don't!" I cried as I leapt to the side, dodging the purple beam. Thanos growled in reply.

I continued to dodge his attacks like a practiced ballerina, reaction times buzzing due to my power source being so close. Fewer avengers were joining the fight as now and again a beam hit them instead of me. I felt guilty, but the destruction I could cause if I were hit would be worse; the occasional beam they could survive. It began to whittle down to only a few in the fight; Cap, Tony, Peter, Strange and me.

It was then that Thanos adjusted his plan, finally realising I would only continue to avoid his beams. Suddenly huge spiders leapt out of the bushes around me, and I pierced the air with a bloodcurdling scream. Peter turned to help me, before finding nothing around me. It was the reality stone, directed purely at me. They surrounded me, enveloping me in an unwelcome hug. Pincers clicked towards me, slashing at my face and cutting my arms. Blood began to splatter around me, before I finally released my powers.

Purple light broke through the seams between the arachnids and fried them quickly. I cried out in desperation as I realised that although the spiders had only been real to me, the damage they left was very much a reality.

"Pete, help!" I tried to call out, but my voice was quieter than I wanted. He still heard my shrill screech though, and abandoned the fight to help me.

"We're getting out of here, now," he addressed me, gingerly prodding around my wounds.

"No," I choked. "No, we can't leave!"

"We can't stay here! You'll die!"

It was then that another body was thrown over towards us, knocking Peter off his feet as I registered it as Strange. My eyes were drawn back to the battle, now only Cap and Tony danced around the tired Titan. I searched for a desperate way to help them, but my mind came up unhelpful. Instead, I followed my instincts and planted my hands into the ground as purple streams flowed from my fingers towards the final two avengers. At first, they tried to avoid the lines before Cap and Tony realised they came from me. They carefully placed their feet on the lines as I pushed out my energy towards them, giving them power to finish the bloody race.

I shortly collapsed, exhausted from my final exertion of power. But before I closed my eyes, I watched Cap swing his thighs around the Titan's neck, pinning him down. Tony walks up to meet Thanos, his arms forming blades via nanotech.

"Goodbye you fucking grape."

And with that, Tony decapitated the man in front of him.

And as my eyes drifted shut, one thing rang out in my mind.

"Those are some great last words."

A/N yasss I finally got round to finishing this (sort of). There will be an epilogue! Stay tuned!